10 : Unsure

It had been a week since Eijirou hasn't shown up to (Y/N), a week without communication. She wasn't sure if Eijirou was lying about how he liked their date or having her around. Because after that day, he didn't bother showing up to her.

After their date, there was a news about a villain and of course there were the heroes to save the day, like the always do. She doesn't have any contact of Eijirou and it's making her feel dumb for assuming things like they could've gone out the second date. She felt stupid for believing there could be the second, third, fourth and so on kind of dates. She hated her guts, her feelings. She wasn't even sure what was happening, sure they did hang out but was that just it?

The rest of the day went normal, Kiyoko asked few questions about them two but all she does was dodge those questions. She didn't want to get her hopes high than she did to herself a week ago. All she wanted to do was act as if nothing happened and continue to work normally.

"It wouldn't hurt to tell me what's wrong." Kiyoko sighed. "I'm gonna listen."

"Thanks, Ki." She smiled. "But I'm all good. Just tired, probably I'm going to visit mom."

With that, they both minded their own businesses and work quietly. Hoshi on the kitchen, didn't seem to understand what was happening. All he knows was (Y/N) was tired and she and Eijirou are completely fine. He didn't want to get his nose up on their butts, so he figured that he shouldn't question her further more.

Once their shift was over, the usual, (Y/N) gets to lock the cafe and headed to hospital. But she looked behind her to the wall where Eijirou would always show up when he walks her home, again there was no one. She shrugged it off and rode a taxi on her way to her mother.

It was a silent drive, low volume music playing and a relaxing view from the outside made (Y/N) ease a little. She paid the taxi before leaving and entering the hospital, riding the elevator to reach the floor to where her mother's room was.

Isamu still visits Izumi, small talks and reports about the new pro heroes and the villains. So far, it was nothing great compared to what they had, way back, hopefully nothing similar happened to that. But every time (Y/N) visits, he seems to be leaving as early as he could so he couldn't distract the mother-daughter bonding.

As (Y/N) entered and gave her mom a hug, she set her bag on the side and sat. "How are you mom?" She asked.

"Oh dear, stop questioning me that. You always know how I am." Izumi chuckled. "I should often ask you that, so how are you?"

"I'm good, I guess."

"You guess?" Izumi asked confused. "Let me guess, this is about that boy, isn't it? You're having troubles with him?"

Her eyes shot wide and shook her head defensively. "Oh no, mom! No!" She chuckled nervously. "It's been a week since the last we hang and he hasn't shown up ever since. I'm starting to think he's done."

Izumi held her daughter's hand and smiled softly. "It's not that bad, after all you two aren't even dating." She spoke. "And don't pressure or stress yourself thinking about it. Just relax and go with the flow. Maybe he's just too busy with his work. Or he has business meetings, out-of-town trip. Don't jump into conclusions, darling. I hate seeing you frown over a boy who just forgot to keep in touch with you."

Her mother was right. It wasn't right to jump into conclusions. So she gave her mom the best smile she has and chuckled. "I know it's stupid and dumb." (Y/N) looked outside and sighed. "But I just can't help it. I'm sorry but I'll try to avoid feeling that way the best way I can."

She didn't know what to do, deep inside. She wanted to forget Eijirou for a while. But in order to do that, she needs to go out and leisure. She can't possibly forget him and avoid him if she keeps working and one day he would finally show up. So she had to think of a plan, fast.

"I'm planning to have a trip." (Y/N) looked back to her mother. "I want to have a vacation and most likely have the cafe close for a while."

"Oh? Where will you be going?" Izumi asked concerned hinting on her voice.

"I might go to Disneyland for break, a week off. Have Kiyoko tag along with me and Hoshi too." She suggested. "And maybe Hoshi could bring his daughter and Kiyoko could bring her boyfriend. It wouldn't hurt if I let them come along. Plus it's our week off, might as well just enjoy it and less thinking."

"That seems a perfect idea." Izumi chuckled. "After all, you three have dedicated your heart on the coffee shop. You three deserves a week off, and have fun."

(Y/N) pulled her phone out of her pocket and began to text Kiyoko and Hoshi. She told them to book a cheap flight to Hong Kong for Disneyland and find the cheapest hotel they could go into, they're free to bring their kid and boyfriend. Reply back for further details.

"Thanks mom." (Y/N) smiled warmly at her mother. "Once you've recovered, fully recovered, I'll take you to Europe!"

"What are we going to do in Europe, dear?"

"We'll go there to have fun. Just the two of us and I know places in Europe where we could have a vacation."