2. The Lord's Intrusion

The greatest relationships are often unexpected ones. -Kaitlin Olson

"Evangeline do not stuff your mouth with all the cookies, eat it slowly. Evan stop bothering Alice. Alice, no you should not hit your brother." 

Kentshire children were definitely as their mothers put it: Devil incarnated. It's been a month since Charlotte started working as a  governess for Evangeline and Evan four-year-old twins of Lady Henrietta and Lord Oliver Kentshire, eldest of the Kentshire. Alice was their younger 2-year old daughter who was far tamer.

 Arthur 3-year-old son of Lady Kathalina and Lord William Kentshire, second eldest of the Kentshire sibling, is a trickster who never gets caught for his mischief. All of them together were the perfect recipe for disaster.

Lady Kathalina was the outspoken and most impulsive woman Chloe has ever met, it was a wonder how she fell in love with Lord William who was known for his measured and methodical tactics in politics and called as brooding perfectionist by the ton. 

Lady Sarah, the wife of the third son of Kentshire, Lord Sebastian Kentshire, was dubbed as the perfect debutante of the season and came to be known as the Lady who compromised the rake. 

 Lady Hannah was the perfect elder sister who saves these two from all the mischief Lady Sarah comes up with. And they open-heartedly welcomed her in their house and heart and made her  feel like one of them. 

They have been far more kind to her and being so attached to them was not going to help her after the season ends when Kentshitre family goes back to their respective estate and she will be looking for new employment.

"How are my poppets today?" Lady Sarah came in the nursery and picked up Alice to tickle her. She was six months in a family way and she might be the only woman in the world who has no sickness whatsoever during her pregnancy.

"Sarah is the only woman who has been able to arouse the feeling of envy in me, " Lady Kathalina whispered from her side.

"You must be jesting, my lady," She exclaimed horrified that Lady Kathalina will ever say such a thing.

"I am not jesting, Chloe. When I was expecting Arthur, I cried every day and when I was giving birth to him I swore I will not bear another child. And Sarah doesn't even have morning sickness, this is so unfair to all the other ladies, " Lady Kathalina said pouting.

Chloe laughed at Lady Kathalina. Kat always surprised everyone with her outspoken nature and as per Lady Hannah's word, she almost lost Lord Arthur because of her loud mouth and impulsive nature.

"What are you two whispering about?" Lady Sarah directed the question at them still tickling Arthur and Alice. 

"I was telling Chloe how envious I am of you!" Lady Kathalina said with a straight face. "And stop tickling them they might accidentally hurt you."

"You won't be so envious of me when Lady mother will banish me to bed and start fussing about my well being. You and Hannah have scared me to death about how much mother fussed when you were expecting," Lady Sarah said pouting.

"Now I cannot wait till mother come and start showering all the love on you," Kat said excitedly. "You will be delighted to meet Lady Faith Kentshire, Chloe, she loves her daughter in laws more than her sons. She has given us love more than our mothers did but never tell my mother that." 

"Chloe, you should help me. When the mother comes you will make sure she is always surrounded by her grandchildren so that I can walk freely," Lady Sarah said with a serious look on her face.