When I found you

Sparkling lights drifted mindlessly in the breeze, trees creaking and groaning with the wind that surrounded them.

Peace had settled across the forest, only nature filled the night with noise.

Chairs, lined up in tidy rows, their legs wound with greenery. Above them the stars put on their best display. Specks of glitter littered across the inky midnight sky.

In the distance, light speckled the horizon, the coming dawn ready to chase away the lingering night.

Bathed in moonlight she danced. A vision to anyone watching. She was lost. Lost to the wind that nestled itself against her skin, to the music that weaved through the trees to find her.

She was lost to all but him.

He hadn't meant to find her. Hadn't meant to intrude on her moment. He'd needed solace, craving silence away from the bustle of wolves. He'd only meant to take a second to regain his composure, his untamed beast at his back.

That was, until he saw her. Both man and beast were silenced by her grace. Her fluidity and strength. She too, sought solace. She too sought silence.

'Mine.' His wolf informed him as the she-wolf turned, her arms arching up into the sky and spinning in slow circles.

She was the music, every flex of muscle and twist of frame, creating the next note. He'd never seen someone so free before, so unstoppably open.

He was jealous. He was humbled. She was everything.

"Ours." The man mumbled to his beast, agreeing with the sentiment but knowing it was never to be. "Never ours."

He dropped his head, unable to look at her beauty any longer before he turned and slid into the shadows of the night.

By the time she'd sensed his presence, he was gone.