Interlude IV

Author's Note: Yeah. I did that. Another update within little over a week. I was just so excited about startign to post my original writing that I suddenly got inspired! As usual, pretty unedited. This is for everyone who wanted a bit of Adult!Sakura awesomeness. With some Adult!Hinata awesomeness too, because I love the supermoms! Also, um, little bit of graphic violence here.

_____

Blackened bodies line the floor of the stone-enclosed rotunda, gaping holes where their hearts should be, and shrivelled remains of those organs crushed nearby.

Konohamaru flips the last of his opponents over his shoulder, directly in the path of Hinata, who shoves two fingers forward and detonates the chakra surrounding its heart. The bat-like creature screams, wings shaking, and then drops to the floor.

"Think that's all of them?" he asks, glancing at the two women.

The ground shakes again, forcing them to center their chakra against the floor to keep upright. There is a movement across from them, and then it seems as if the entire rocky wall in front of them, from ground to ceiling, suddenly breaks off.

Hateful yellow eyes glare down on them from on high, and a giant foot steps down, landing several metres away from them.

Konohamaru groans. "I had to ask, didn't I?"

Sakura sighs. "There's always a big one, isn't there?"

The veins in Hinata's eyes pulse, and her pupils flick back and forth quickly.

"There's more than one seal on this one!"

Which makes sense, considering its size.

"How many?" Konohamaru asks through gritted teeth as another foot stomps down, forcing giant craters into the floor beneath its clawed toes. Drools drips from the creatures maw, splashing over them.

"Eight!"

"Eight—like the Eight Gates?" Sakura cries, thinking fast. Everyone knows the location of those, if only from study.

"Exactly!"

The giant, shambling creature reaches down, trying to grasp hold of them in its mottled blood red hand. The shinobi scatter in different directions, but it almost grabs hold of Hinata. The curse-seal seems to make it faster than something of its size should be.

It swings for Sakura next, and she meets the blow with a snarl, punching its grasping hand away. It does not seem bothered by the blow, and once again goes for Hinata.

It specifically seems to be targeting the women, perhaps knowing that they are the key to its destruction. The constant flailing makes the ground shake and granite fall from above them, and in the distance, Konohamaru can hear something collapse together.

It might be durable, but it's hindered by this place. If it keeps moving around like this, it will bring the place down!

Which might not hurt it, but it could cause cave-ins elsewhere, and hurt his students and their parents. If only there was—

An idea occurs to him.

"Mrs Boss! Did Boruto ever tell you how his class passed their Academy final?"

Hinata and Sakura's eyes flick toward each other in a look of dawning comprehension.

"We need to confuse it first, so it doesn't know who to get to," Hinata says.

Sakura nods. "Alright, Konohamaru—we'll follow your lead on this one!"

"Right! Kage Bunshin!"