Sunday Girl

"Hey!" You heard a voice call out. It was a Sunday and you were catching up with Wanda over some French toast and pancakes. "Hey don't ignore me!" You heard it again, people in the restaurant were gasping and yelling back at the asshole who was storming through spilling all their drinks and food.

"What is he doing here?" Wanda asked, just as peeved as you. The man with no soul came face to face with you again and he looked like he was ready for a fight.

"Are you seriously ignoring me after you took my bed?"

"Go away-" Wanda began.

"Shut up, this isn't about you!"

"You're making a scene," you told him.

"Where's my bed?" He wasn't letting go and people were looking worried. You stood up.

"It's not your bed. I bought it which means that it belong to me so it's in my apartment," he was taken back by your assertiveness. There was a long pause.

"You stole my xbox,"

"I bought that myself. Everything I took I bought with my own money, you leech," Wanda was grinning at you finally standing up to him and he was quaking in his boots. But she was concerned that his fists were clenched and he was ready to pounce on you.

"Atleast I'm not a little whore," he smirked, "already running off with two guys right after a break up. God I must have hurt you bad," he faked pity in his eyes. Wanda's eyes flashed red as she stood in between you two.

"You were the one having an affair..." you almost choked on your words.

"What? How dare you call her such a name? She didn't even do anything to you did she?" An elderly woman on the next table spoke.

"Yeah dude, pretty low," a guy called out.

"That's a horrible thing to say," another lady called out. You smiled at the mortified man standing in front of you and Wanda.

"Get out of here," Wanda ordered. The little man ran away before people started throwing stuff at him.

*

"Are you serious? That sounds like something you read on one of those 'humanity restored' posts on facebook," you had told Bucky the story of what happened once you returned home.

"It was crazy but also very quick and boring. I really dragged out the narrative," you joked, "where's Steve?"

"Why? Has your new-found confidence surfaced to tell him off for throwing your phone out the window?" He teased.

"No I just wanted to get started on dinner and he's the only one that knows how to oven works," Bucky scoffed at your dig at him.

"I know how to work the oven!" Bucky got up and dragged you to the kitchen.

"Do you though? The only thing I've seen you eaten this week is ramen,"
Bucky was playing with the knobs.

"I'm a very busy person, they're quick and easy to eat!" He defended himself then smiled, "look it's on!" He then folded his arms across his chest smugly. The oven began beeping, "shit," he muttered. Pressing every button and turning every knob but it wouldn't stop. You covered your ears at the high-pitched beeping, it was like a fire alarm. And couldn't help but laugh at the idiot in front of you.

"What's going on?" Steve entered with a plastic bag. Bucky was still pressing stuff and you doubted that he could hear you over the noise so you just pointed to Bucky, who turned and pointed back at you. Steve turned off every switch and held down a button until the beeping stopped. "What happened?" Steve asked after a breath.

"Well first I asked Bucky where you were so you could turn on the oven but he had to get all ' blah blah blah I'm Bucky I can do anything because I'm a man-" "don't listen to her punk, she thought I couldn't operate the damn thing and I know I can so I just tried showing her-" you and Buck spoke in unison. But we're cut off by Steve's index finger.

"This is the timer, set it. Otherwise that will happen again. Press it again to stop the beeping. Got it?"

"Got it," "got it chief" you and bucky spoke respectively. Both holding in giggles.

"Anyway," Steve clapped, "I got you a phone today. I hope it's alright," he handed you the device. You checked to see if there was a sim card and there was. It even had Steve's number in it already.

"Did you pay for this outright?" You asked? It would have really pricey.

"Nope. It's on a plan, I'm not that reckless,"

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" You pulled him into a tight hug. He eagerly wrapped his arms around your waist and enjoyed the scent of your neck even as you kissed his repeatedly. You thought nothing of it, you were on the brink of tears and so happy to receive such a thoughtful and expensive gift, "I'm going to just set it up, thank you. I was just kidding about getting me a new one,"

"Okay I'll take it back then," Steve joked. You held it tight against your chest.

"Way too late. I'll make sure to pay you back. I promise," you scurried off to your room.

"Well done," Bucky commented, "you are the favourite...for now." Steve shrugged.

"You two seem to have gotten friendly fighting about the oven. Did you try and prove that you were more of a family man or something?" Steve teased. Bucky rolled his eyes.

"I thought we agreed. No meddling, no  flirting, no trying to be the favourite housemate,"

"I threw her phone out the window. It was honestly the least I could do. I promise no more presents," Steve crossed his heart. Bucky smiled.

"What do you want for dinner, punk?" Bucky turned and opened the cupboard, trusting Steve.