Drunken Doughnuts

Steve was enjoying being your favourite house mate. You served him a bit more food with dinner, sat closer to him on the couch and always shared your secret snacks with him. Of course you didn't notice your little niceties. You knew Steve ate more than Bucky and Bucky spread out more on the couch so you were often closer to Steve. You were just being thoughtful and adjusted your routine slightly. You also knew that Bucky liked your body wash so you bought an extra bottle and that he wasn't a fan of your music so you put headphones in while vacuuming or doing the dishes.

He couldn't stop you humming or singing though. That's not what bothered Bucky though. Not the music but the kinship you had with Steve because he loved your collection. He hated that Steve's little trick worked. Buy you a present and you're putty in his hands-not really but the attention you gave Steve shadowed your alone time with Bucky. It was going on for a month now, Bucky had enough. He needed a talk with Steve. So while you were out having drinks with Nat he decided to do just that. Although he couldn't find the right words.

"You need to stop," Bucky blurted out.

"Excuse me?" Responded his light haired friend.

"Stop enjoying it so much. I saw your hand on her thigh the other night,"

"We were laughing at the movie," Steve explained.

"Oh yeah? For the entire time?"

"It felt natural. I wasn't making a move-I wasn't doing anything. I promise," Steve surrendered. Bucky sighed and checked the time.

"Hey, it's past midnight. Why isn't she home yet?"

Steve's head shot to the clock on the wall and called Natasha, "Hey it's Nat. Leave a message or don't. I don't care I'm not going to check it," he received her voicemail. Steve's frustrated sigh was all Bucky needed to grab his keys and get out the door. Steve drove to the bar you were drinking at while Bucky tried calling you. You weren't answering and this made both of them anxious. What happened to you? Where's Nat? What if you were kidnapped? Drugged? Murdered? The possibilities were endless to them.
The boys entered the bar, it was 12.30 and things were dying down. They used their eagle eye vision to spot you in a booth with a guy's arm draped over your shoulders. Both of the men saw red but Steve in particular felt a bit broken.

"I have to make sure my friend is alright," you left the pretty blond man to check on Nat. She went to the bathroom and hasn't been out for 5 minutes. While you were away Bucky dragged the blond man out of the booth and shoved him against the wall.

"What did you do with her?"

"What? N-nothing! I swear!" Blondy was already sweating and shivering in fear. Steve took over once Bucky let him down a bit.

"What were your intentions!?" Steve seethed. The blond man wasn't choking but he off the ground by his t-shirt.

"I don't know! I don't know! I won't touch her I swear! Just let me go please!" He begged. Steve hesitated but dropped the coward. The boy ran off.

"Guys?" You voice got their attention. You hugged and kissed Bucky on his cheek and did the same with Steve. You were a few drinks down and feeling a little friendly. Your grip didn't leave Steve, something he smiled smugly about and that Bucky frowned at.

"Hey, you alright kiddo?" Bucky's thumb brushed passed your chin in a joking punching way. You hiccuped.

"Yep. Nat's having a little...fun in the bathroom so I guess I'm peeing at home," your beaming smile made both of them smile.

"How about I text Nat that we picked you up? So we can go home" Bucky suggested. You shook your head adamantly.

"No way. I'm making sure she gets home alright," you checked your watch, "I'll wait 5 minutes, Steve can you please get me a water?" You tugged at his sleeve. Steve was a bit timid to leave you next to Bucky but agreed and ran to the bar. Bucky used this opportunity to sit next to you in the booth.