Dates

"Clearly this whole leaving it up to her thing isn't working," Bucky started, "I think one of us should ask her on a date. A proper one and see how she really feels about either one of us," Steve rolled his eyes. He glanced to the bathroom to make sure you were still showering.

"And out of the two of us, who do you propose gets to be the date?"

"Well. Me,"

"Why you?"

"Stevie. Come on, look at me. You've seen my moves, I know what to do on a date. I can get her to talk," Bucky bragged. Steve got up and sighed.

"No, man. I don't know if we should. I mean, she means so much to both of us. We mean so much to each other, I don't think either of us should date her," Steve admitted.

"Well we can't keep the guys away forever. She goes out with Nat one more time and she'll break. Nat loves being match maker and she's good at it,"

"Yeah you're right," then a small idea clicked in Steve's head, "how about each of us spends time with her? We give her a kiss, see if she feels something. Then she can make her decision,"

Bucky hesitated, he of course saw Steve as a threat. That stupid blond kid from Brooklyn grew up to be one of the most well-respected, caring man he'd met. And Bucky? He knew Steve was more stable, hopefully he can woo you off your feet. "Sure, punk,"

"Okay," Steve pulled out a coin, "heads I go Friday, tails I go Saturday," Rogers flipped the coin. Steve smiled at the result, although it wasn't that genuine. "Saturday it is."
Bucky tried to avoid smiling but he was ecstatic to show you how much he's changed.

*

"Hello...m'lady," that was weird, usually Bucky we suave and cool with asking people out. He assumed the anxiety was because this was a huge step.

"Hello..weirdo," you responded in the same awkward tone. You were on your computer trying to distract yourself from thinking about Steve's message. I think I lover her. Who could he be talking about? You weren't aware of any female friends of his, which meant it was someone at work. It would explain why he has been working nights lately.

"What are you doing tonight?" Bucky flopped down on the couch, one arm place on the back. Steve saw this move and rolled his eyes. He was on the opposite side of you, thighs touching. He didn't think Bucky would notice but he certainly did.

"Nothing-ooh!" You gripped Bucky's bicep to stop him from going anywhere. You often knew what you were doing touching their hard arms but it's a little victory. At least you're touching someone. "Did you want to go to this-"

"Yes!" Bucky noticed he answered too early and cleared his throat. You let go of him.

"Steve?"

"No I'm good. You two enjoy," Steve rejected your offer.

"Oh come on. It'll be a terrible time but at least you're with people," your body faced his which gave him a view of Bucky's 'don't you dare'.

"We can hang out tomorrow. It's no big deal. I promise," Steve smiled.

*

"Does Steve have a girlfriend?" You asked Bucky at the venue. He didn't realise you actually meant a terrible time. It was another gig, just like last time. Only this time it was an animatronic band covering rock songs.

Bucky was alerted by the question and also incredibly confused, "not that I know of, why do you ask?"

"I just haven't seen much of him and.." you trailed off.

"And what?"

"And I saw a message on Sam's phone from him," you sighed in defeat. The music started and it hurt your eardrums. This was meant to be a joke but it was a terrible idea.

"Let's go, this was a creepy idea!" Bucky shouted and lead you out.

"Yeah. Sorry, I didn't expect it to be so.. well creepy," you shrugged, "dinner?"

"Sure, I know a good place. It's not too far," Bucky's hand never left your waist. It felt really nice to be touched in such a caring way. You two walked to this meatball and cocktail place that also served burgers.

"This place is nice," you sat down and opened a menu,"$30 for 6 meatballs. That's 5 bucks a ball of meat!" You closed the book and went to stand.

"Don't worry. I'll pay for anything you want. Cocktails?" Bucky was impressive. After a jug of some yummy devils juice you were feeling a little more flirty. You could tell you had a certain effect on Bucky once your jacket came off. His eyes were glued to your chest, "sorry! They just uh haha. I didn't expect that," Bucky actively tried to keep eye contact with you. "Did you want to try and get free dessert?"

"Free? Absolutely! How?" Bucky pulled out a small velvet box and you snorted.

"Try and be serious. Cry a little bit. Show me you can act,"

"Okay," you giggled, a little giddy.

"My love! My darling! My angel!" Bucky put on a show, "we've been together how long now? Years one can only assume,"

"Okay Shakespeare," you muttered loud enough for only him to hear, it made him bite his lip to stop the laughing.

"There's only one thing left for us to do! Say yes," Bucky got down on one knee, you gasped. "Honeysuckle, will you marry me?" You couldn't get a tear out but started nodding.

"Yes! Yes!" Bucky put the ring on your finger and you pulled him in for a kiss. He tasted like strawberries and mango thanks to the shared cocktail. Bucky was feeling euphoric and deeper the kiss by holding you closer. People's cheering brought you out of your daze. Oh no, you kissed Bucky.
All you could do was laugh nervously.

"Hi," the manager approached you, "congratulations!"

"Thank you," you both answered, Bucky sat down but held your hand.

"On behalf of us I'd like this meal to be free," Bucky and you shared a knowing look and he winked.

"Thank you so much," now the fake tears were coming, "let's go tell our parents...now," you collected your things and raced out of there. Both of you giggling like school children.

"Nice improvising, I got worried when you wouldn't cry on command,"

"I didn't want to intimidate you with my c-grade drama skills" Bucky held your hand.

"Oh that's where it came from. I should have noticed the Oscars on your shelves, I'm sorry," he paused, "They're all still staring. Should probably keep this up until we turn the corner." But the hand holding lasted until you got home.  With some nice conversations about stupid things.

*

"Could we keep the kiss part between us? I knew it was just for show but if Steve found out I think it might be a bit weird," you stopped Bucky outside of your apartment. He smiled softly and looked down at the intertwined fingers.

"I understand," Bucky took a deep breath. He really wanted another kiss but after you said that he thought it would be inappropriate. Before you opened the door you kissed his cheek then without any second thoughts the both you came together in one hot steamy kiss. The kind of kiss that left you wanting to be slammed up the against the wall and loved so good it left you sore. But it ended. The drop of the keys stopped you from going any further.

Nothing was said. Just stolen glances before bed. Steve was already in bed. He didn't really want to hear you guys giggling in on your way back. But there was silence. He heard the door open and shut and a little goodnight from you but not much else.