Advice

"Steve I need your help," you barged into his room.

"What's up?" Steve was half asleep, taking a nap before dinner. He's been really focused on work lately to try and forget about his feelings for you. He assumed it was a crush and by forgetting about it he'll be okay. You took a deep breath.

"I need to get laid," you blurted, "really bad. It's been 2 months since that whole thing happened with you-know-who..cheating and..Diane. what do I do? I've tried online and in person but no one seems to...ugh I don't know how to explain it," you grunted and paced around his room. Steve looked especially cute right now with his messy hair and swollen lips. But your single lady brain was just too out of control. He's your roommate and friends. Nothing else.

"So you're not that type of girl. It's no big deal,"

"Yes but I want to be," you sat next to him, "it's tough. It's really tough out there."

"It's New York, it's gonna be." Steve paused and pursed his lips trying to think about best to satisfy you, "why don't you...you know," you nodded down to your crotch.

"Oh..I do," you awkwardly admitted. Steve's brain went haywire. He'd always wondered what that buzzing sound was some nights and those whimpers from the next room but he'd just assumed you were having a nightmare or doing yoga in your room. "It's just different with a person. It's nice having that intimacy with someone."

"Why are you seeking my help? I don't bring any dames home. Bucky is the ladies man."

"Yeah but...I don't want someone who's not a relationship kind of guy I guess,"

"But aren't you looking for just a one night thing?"

"I know my words are contradicting. I don't think I even know what I want,"

"That's probably what's stopping you from getting to that next step. You just got out of a long term relationship, stay by yourself for a bit and let things happen naturally," Steve forced a smiled. He hated being the good guy. He could've struck up some sort of deal between you two to sleep together but he didn't want just your body he genuinely liked you.
Which is why all this working at night stuff isn't effective. He can't get you out of his head and it's killing him being so close to you yet he couldn't touch you.

He was absolutely gutted when Bucky said that he liked you. At first he said you couldn't live here anymore but after some pushing Bucky admitted his true feelings. He liked you. A lot. He remembered he had a date with you years before and you were the only girl that turned him down. At the time all he was looking for was sex but he remembers that date vividly. He took you to this shitty gig where this rock band covered musical hits and it just didn't work out but you were really supportive of the singer, this young shy girl. You sang along and danced while other people sort of dissipated.

"The world can wake up and seee
Baltimore and me!" You finished the number.

"You sure are something," Bucky meant it as a compliment. You shrugged in response.

"Everyone needs a little ego boost from time to time,"

"Really?"

"Except you of course. I can tell you're totally in tune with yourself," you sarcastically spoke. Bucky chuckled.

"You really think you know me just from tonight?"

Another shrug came from you, "I don't know you because you're not letting me in, man. I'm an open book, especially because I'm tipsy right now," you winked, "But you're hard to read, all I know is that you close yourself off. But from there on I can only make up a story,"

Bucky wasn't mad. He was interested though, he agreed he shut himself off from the world because he thought it was best. His only friend being steve. That's all he really needed. "Go on. I'd like to hear your assumptions," he stuck his tongue through his teeth. To stop himself from grinning.

"Okay. I think something bad happened to you that causes you not to trust others. You look respectable and have a lot of charisma so I know you can open up a little bit. Just nothing too deep. You probably have one or two close friends but that's it. You're a lone wolf aren't you? You don't let people in because you think they'll hurt you. Well woop dee doo Buckaroo, everyone has insecurities. All it takes is a little support to help you feel better,"

"How would-" bucky cleared his throat, "how would you know? How would you know it would work?" He had his arms folded. You smiled and tilted your head.

"You don't,"

Your message stuck with Bucky through out all these years and he regrets not giving you a call back. He was young, dumb and full of self-loathing. You saw right through his facade and it scared him so he avoided you. It's not like it mattered, you'd be with your ex a few weeks after that date.

The story made Steve feel weird. Conflicted. He didn't know if you'd take Bucky back or leave him behind because he ignored you. Did you even remember him? All questions he wish he could ask but it wasn't fair. Especially not at the start. When Steve admitted his feelings about you to Bucky, he was also taken back. It seemed as though there was an instant spark between you two too. So Bucky and Steve came up with an agreement, neither of them could go for you. If you happened to recognise the spark between either one then let the best man win. Their friendship is way too important.

"Yeah. You're right," you admitted and put on a smile for your friend, "sorry I woke you. Bucky's out and I could really use your height-I mean help with dinner," you joked. He loved that your teasing wasn't really as anyone else expense. But he loved so much about you. He loved your kind and caring nature; he loved how deep you got into TV shows that he had red marks on his skin from all the slaps and grips; he even loved how you'd sing in the shower. If he loved all this stuff about you, does that mean Steve loved you?