Chapter 9

Lisa's POV:

It is Tuesday, two days after the wedding. I can say that the Gizinski family has made a real impact on my life. Even if everything between Mr Muller and me doesn't work out I will be found. I have to talk to him. I think that I have feelings for Matt. I hope he understands. Today is my second doctor's appointment. I am so nervous, maybe it is because it is the first time I will be able to see my baby. Or maybe it is because Carlisle is going with me. I tell my mom that I am not feeling good. She calls into the school. After she leaves to go to work, I get ready for the appointment. Carlisle will be here in a little while to pick me up. I am also really excited to be able to see my baby for the first time.
After I got ready for my day I went downstairs to eat something. For some odd craving, I really wanted a breakfast sandwich. I get all the stuff out to make it when I hear the doorbell ring. I walk over to the door and I see Carlisle. I smile at him.
"Come on in," I said opening the door and letting him in.
"I know that I am way early but I am just really excited." He said smiling.
"Me too. I am also really nervous." I said walking towards the kitchen.
"So do you still want to talk about dinner or do you want to talk now?" He asked sitting at the island.
"We can talk now. Do you want some?" I asked him.
"No, I am good." He said shaking his hand.
"What do you want to talk about?" I asked him taking a bite of my food.
"About what are we going to do. Are we going to be a couple or do you just won't be co-parents?" He asked.
"I really think that we should just stay parents. If we are a couple you are more likely to get fired. Maybe I can try finding a place close to yours so it makes it easier. Also, I saw the way that you looked at the women in the room last Thursday." I said taking another bite.
"You mean Ally? We used to be a couple and then my mom told me that if I don't break up with her I would no longer be able to live with her. I panicked and broke it off. If all you want us to be is parents I can do that. I just want what's best for you and our baby." He said smiling.
"Thank you. Oh, when I was at the wedding I ended up telling Matt and his sister in law. I could not lie to Matt. I felt really bad. Also, Audrey found out. Neither of them will say anything." I said.
He looked a little scared. "Are you sure?" He asked.
"They will not say a word. I trust them. Also, they said if I need anything that they would also be here for us." I said finishing my sandwich. I put all my dishes away and went to grab my shoes. I grabbed my shoes and sat on the bench to put them on. I put on my shoes on and grab my purse. "You ready to go?"
"I am." He said grabbing his keys off the counter.
We walked out of the house and got into his car. We drove to the doctors with light conversation. I could tell that we were going to be friends. When we get to the doctor I sign in and wait for the doctor to call us in. We wait about 20 minutes before the nurse called us in. We get everything done and the doctor comes in.
She checks everything. "Everything looks good. Are you ready to see and hear your baby's heartbeat?" She asked.
"I am," I said nodding my head. Carlisle took my hand.
She put the gel on my stomach. She starts looking. "I have seemed to make a mistake the first time you were in here." She said.
"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.
"You are not having one baby but twins." She said.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yes." She said moving the wand around my stomach.
I looked at Carlisle who looked to be in great shock. He smiled looking at the screen.
She finished the ultrasound. "I will see in three weeks." She said leaving and handing us pictures of our babies.
I get up and start getting dress behind the curtain. After I am done getting dressed Carlisle and me walk out to his car. We get in the car and kind of just sit there for a minute.
"Do twins run in your family?" I asked him.
"Yes. I was a twin but my brother died really young. He was too small at birth." He said sadly.
"I am sorry that I brought that up," I said.
"No, it is okay. I am going to get you home." He said starting the car and starting to drive home.
When we got to my house and he parked I just sat there a minute to see if he was going to say anything. After a few seconds, I could see that he was not going to say anything, I started to open the door.
"They say that you turn 18 if you want you can come live with me." He said looking at me.
"You don't have to. I don't want you to lose your job over me." I said looking back at him.
" I want to. Where else are you going to live?" He said taking my hand. " I can even see if I can find a house for cheap so you can have your own room and our babies can have one. I really want to help you out."
"Let me think about it. I will tell you tomorrow." I said getting out of the car. "Thanks for going with me today. I really appreciate it."
I close the door and walk up to my house. After I get into my house I go up to my room and change into my pyjamas and go to bed. I was really tired because I could not sleep. I lay there in bed thinking about what Carlisle had to say. Should I go stay with him? I mean he is the father of my children. I think that it would be best but what if people found out. I am going to go to homeschooling after I move out. After that, he would not be my teacher. I am brought out of my thoughts by the ping of my phone. I look to see who it is. I see that it is Matt so I open it. (Bold is Matt and italics are Lisa.)
Lisa-I missed you at school today. How did the appointment go?
Matt-I missed you too. The appointment went well. I found out something really big. Do you think you could come over so we can talk about it?
Lisa-I can. I will be over soon as I finish working on my car and get cleaned up.
Matt- Okay, thank you.
After the message, I go downstairs to wait for him. While waiting for him I must have to feel asleep because I woke up to knocking on the door. I walk over to the door and open it.
I see Matt is standing there. He is wearing jeans with a hole in the knee and a shirt that had grease on it.
"Hey," I said letting him in. He smiled and walked in.
"Hey." He said hugging me.
I hug him back. "How was school?" I asked.
"Boring without you. So what did you find out?" He asked sitting down on the couch.
I go and sit next to him. I fold my hands in my lap. "Well I do not only have one baby, but I am also having twins," I said looking at him.
He looked shocked. "Wow." He said.
I look down at my hands.
"Does that make you more nervous?" He asked me grabbing my hand.
I tense up a little. " Kind of. It just means that it is twice the work." I said.
"You will do fine." He said squeezing my hand.
"I know. I just don't know how I am going to support a baby, let alone two." I said looking into his eyes. "I know you are going to say that you will always be there for me but I can't do that to you. I can't."
"I really like you Lisa and I want to be there. I want to be there for everything. Please let me be there." He asked.
I could tell by the look in his eyes he was not lying. He was telling the truth." You know most boys these days would take one look at me and run. Nobody wants someone with baggage." I said.
" I don't care if you have baggage. I don't want to judge you. I have liked your way before I found out that you made that discussion to tell me. I know that if you could go back you would. I have liked you since the day that I ran into you and I don't care what everyone thinks and I don't care if Mr Muller does not like that I am part of your life. Let me help you. Let me love you. Let me be someone who can make your day better. There is no way that I want to take away being your children's father from Mr Muller but I do want to be in there life." He said grabbing my face gently. "Please." He added whispering.
At this point, I am crying because I don't know what I deserved to have two wonderful men in my life. Carlisle as a wonderful father and Matt as a wonderful friend maybe more. "Okay," I said.
He kissed my forehead and then sighed with relief. "Thank you. You don't know what this means to me." He said smiling.
I smiled at him. "Oh, there is one more thing that I need to tell you. Mr Muller asked me if I wanted to move in with him if my parents kick me out. He is thinking about buying a house. I would get my own room and our children would get there own room also. I don't know if I want to but I am thinking about it." I said.
"It is up to you. I just want what's best for you." He said taking my hand. "When would you be moving in?"
"I would be moving in after I turn 18. So in about 2 weeks." I said intertwining our fingers.
"I am okay with you going and living there. If you think that is what is best for you and the babies then please go ahead and stay there." He said.
I nod my head. We are silent for a few minutes before I break the silence. "Are we a thing now?" I ask.
"I don't know are we?" He asked.
"I don't know. I mean you did not even ask me to be your girlfriend." I said smirking at him.
He lets go of my hand and gets on one knee. "Lisa will you be my girlfriend?" He said dramatically.
"Of course I will," I said laughing at him.
He gets up and kisses my forehead. "As long as you will have me I will take care of you and your babies." He said.
I was just about to say something when my mom entered the room.
"Babies?" She said.
I look up at her shocked. I did not expect her to find out yet. I get up. "Yes," I said timidly.
"So you are pregnant?" She said putting her hands on her hips.
"I am," I said.
"Is he the father?" She asked.
"And what if I am?" Matt said standing up also.
We both look at him shocked.
"Then I am going to tell you to help her pack up all her stuff. Neither of you is welcomed here again. You have an hour starting now." She said walking out in disgust.
I look at Matt with tears in my eyes. "Thank you," I said.
"Let's go grab your stuff. I will talk to my parents." He said grabbing my hand.
I lead him up to my bedroom to grab my stuff. After we pack all my stuff we take it out to Matt's truck. It took three trips but all my stuff was out of the house. I take one more look at my childhood home and get in the truck with Matt.
He was just about to pull out of the driveway but he stopped.
"Are you okay?" He asked me.
I shake my head no. He unbuckles me and pulls me towards him. I put my head into his chest and start to cry.
He wraps his arms around me and rubs my back." It will all be fine. Everything is okay." He whispered.
We stayed like that for five minutes. I look up at him and thanked him quietly. "Can we go see Mr Muller? I need to tell him what happened." I asked.
"Sure. Just give me an address." He said starting the car. I give him the address. I put back on my seat belt. The car ride was quiet. He could tell that I was still upset so he grabbed my hand and held it. Once we arrived at his house we sat there for a second.
"Would you like me to stay here?" He asked me.
"No. I want you to come in with me." I said unbuckling.
We get out of the car and walk up to the door. I wonder what he is going to think. I know that I was planning to move out soon but I was going to wait to tell my family.

Carlisle POV:
I am sitting at home thinking about what has happened today and that not only am I having one baby, we are having two. I really can not wait until they are here and I can hold them. I really can't wait to be a father. I am brought out of my thoughts when I hear a knock on the door. I wonder who it is. I mean it is 7:00 at night. I get up and open the door. When I open the door I see Lisa and Matt. Lisa looks exhausted and really upset. Also, she looks like she has been crying. Matt looks at me with sadness.
"Lisa, what's wrong?" I ask letting them in. I guide them to the couch. They sit down.
"They found out. They kicked me out." Lisa said crying.
Matt put his hand on her back and was rubbing it. I noticed it calmed her down.
I put my hand on her arm. "I am sorry. Where are you going to stay?" I ask her.
Matt looked at me.
"If it is okay with you I was going to have her live with me until you found a bigger place. My parents have open arms when it comes to Lisa." He said.
"I just want what's best for her and the babies. If that is what she wants then we can go with that. I think that I have found a place." I said looking at her.
"I am going to online schooling so I can take care of the babies. I am hoping that I graduate early." Lisa says looking at me. "I want to be done with schooling by the time the babies are here."
"Okay. I will call the people tomorrow. You just have to stick with school for a little bit longer. Until you turn eighteen." I said.
"Okay. I already got the paperwork. I just have to wait a week. I don't think that I will go to school the next week. I don't want to run into my brother." Lisa said.
"You should really go get some sleep. You look really tired. Also, it is really bad to be stressed out. You don't want to hurt the babies." I said.
"Matt, do you mind if we stay here tonight?" Lisa asked him. "If you are okay with that?" She added.
"Its fine with me. The spare room is clean." I said.
"We can do that," Matt said looking at her. "I just need to call my parents and let them know." He added kissing her forehead and walking out of the house to call his parents.
"I will show you to the room," I said walking her to the room. I open the door and let her in. She looked around and thanked me. I nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door behind me.
I sit on the couch. I was thinking about what I am going to do. You can tell that Lisa and Matt are together. I am happy for them. If they are going to be together then good for them. I sit there in thought when I heard the door open. I see Matt walk in. I look at him. He looks really frustrated
"Everything okay?" I ask him.
"Yes. It is just upsetting what happened to Lisa." He said sitting on the chair across from me.
"It is," I said agreeing with him.
"You really don't care if we stay here? I can sleep out here if you want." He said running his hand through his hair.
"No, it is okay. Please just treat her right." I said.
"I promise I will." He said smiling. "I think I am going to go check on her. Good night."
"Good night," I said.
He gets up and walks back to the room. I decided to go to bed after the long day that I have had.

Matt's POV:
I walk into the room to see Lisa sleeping in the middle of the bed. I laugh and take off my shirt and jeans. I kneel in the bed and try to move her. She wakes up and looks at me.
"Hey." She said sleepily.
"Hey," I said back.
"Do you want to change out of these clothes and into something more comfortable? I can give you my shirt." I said.
"Sure." She said sitting up.
I give her my shirt and she gets up and changes into it.
She comes back changed into my shirt. She comes back to the bed and lays down. I lay down the neck to her and wrap my arms around her. I lay my hand on her stomach. I feel the little bump. It is kind of amazing that there is something growing inside of her. I fall asleep slowly thinking about what it was going to be like to be with her.