Chapter 19 (6 months later)

Authors note: Okay so I need to fix the timeline. I skipped around, and I don't think it is clear. Lisa got pregnant in August. Had the babies in April, graduated in May. It is October right now.

Carlisle POV:

Having the Lorelai and Liam was great. They were perfect babies. Yes they cry, and they can be troublemakers, but it was all worth it. They have started crawling around and getting there hands on everything. It is a little hectic sometimes. Lisa and I have grown closer in the last six months. I was thinking about proposing soon. She graduated from high school in May and started college. She decided to go to a college not far from where we live. The town that we live in is about a 30-minute drive from Yale. Yes even with having the twins and being pregnant she got into Yale. To show that her parents had forgiven her and wanting to be in her life and the twins life, they helped her pay for college. They have changed. She went to school four days a week. We put the twins in daycare until I got out of school and picked them up. If it was a day that I could not pick them up my parents would come and watch them. We have gotten in this grove. It was not always easy for us, but we made it work. The weekends and evenings are when we would be able to see each other and do things. It was the twins first Halloween next week. We decided that we were going to have them dress up as Thing 1 and thing 2. (Picture up top) It was going to be our first Halloween as a family.

I was sitting in our office trying to grade papers. I smiled as I hear Lisa singing in the kitchen and the twins playing in the living room. I decided that I was to distract to finish grading the papers. I walk out of the office into the living room. The twins smiled up at me and say dada. I smile back and kiss them on the head. I walk into the kitchen to see Lisa. She is standing by the stove cooking what it looked like homemade macaroni and cheese. I walk up to her and kiss her on the check.

" Hey, I thought you had papers that needed to be graded?" She asked me turning around and smiling at me.

"I do. I need a break." I said leaning against the counter.

"I understand. The twins were very well behaved today. I got all my homework done, and I took them to the park."

"Really? That's good."

"I do have a big paper that is due on Monday, so I am just going to spend a little time tomorrow getting it done. I am almost done with the essay."

"I will watch the twins so you can get that done," I said.

"Thank you. You are the best." She said kissing me.

"I try." I laugh. "Would you like me to get Lorelai and Liam ready for dinner?"

"Please. I put the baby food on the table." She said finishing our food. "Did Jake tell you that he proposed to Camille?"

"He was not in school today. I think Camille had a doctors appointment today." I said picking up Lorelai and Liam in their high chairs. "He was telling me that he wanted to."

"I am happy for them," Lisa said putting the food on the table. She grabbed us both a cup of tea and sat down. We gave the twins the menu and then dished out our meal.

After we were done eating, we got the twins ready for a bath. Lorelai was excellent. She loved getting a bath. She was a thrilled baby. She never really cried. She was always smiling. Liam, on the other hand, did not like baths at all. He did not often cry but bathing him was a whole different story.

"Who's turn is it to bath Liam?" I asked Lisa.

"I will do it," Lisa said picking up Liam and talking to him. "You will be good for mommy right?"

Liam through his hands in the air and repeated mommy.

I laughed picking up Lorelai. I kissed her head, and we took them to the bathroom. After the twins were bathed, we gave them bottles and tried to put them to bed. After they where asleep we went down to the living room. It was a typical Friday night where we would cuddle up on the couch after the twins were asleep and watch a movie or talk. Tonight we were going to watch Jurassic World.

"You could work on your paper if you want," I told Lisa as I sat on the couch and brought her into my arms.

"I want to spend time with you. We don't get to spend a lot of alone time together." She said turning around and sitting on my lap.

I groaned. "That's what happens when you have two 6-month-old babies," I said wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her closer to me.

"You would not change it for the world." She tells me.

"I would not," I said bringing her down for a passionate kiss. We just recently decided that we were going to share a room. We turned my old room into the office.

"I could think of something else we could do instead on watching this movie." She says breaking the kiss.

"I could too." I pick her up, and she wraps her legs around my waist. We make sure that everything is turned off and the door is locked, and after that, we go to our room for a night of passion.

Lisa's POV:

Saturdays we usually go over to my parents for dinner. My parents canceled today, so we decided that we are going to have a beautiful day of doing nothing. I get up early and finish my paper. By the time I finished my essay. It was ten o clock. Carlisle had gotten up with the twins, and they were playing in the living room. I walked over to them and kissed the twins on the check and then kissed Carlisle. Lorelai put her hands up for me to pick her up. I picked her up and cuddle her into my arms.

"So what do we want to do today? I was thinking maybe going to the zoo. What does daddy think?"

"I think that is a great idea, but what about your paper?" Carlisle said.

"I already got the paper done. I will get the twins ready," I said grabbing Liam also.

"Okay. I will get the stroller in the car and pack us some drinks and snacks." Carlisle said kiss me on the check.

   We got the twins dressed and get them ready for the zoo. Once the twins are dressed and put in their car seats. Carlisle grabbed the diaper bag and one of the twins. I locked the door and grabbed the other. We got everything in the car and the twins secured in the car, and we were on our way to the zoo. We drove to the zoo. Once the twins were in their stroller, we got the tickets and started to walk around the park. We were almost halfway around the park when we ran into Matt and Jamie. Matt was holding a little baby in his arms. I smiled as Carlisle grabbed my hand. I turn around and listen to what he was saying. I replied as we walked away to the next animal. After a few more the twins were getting whinny. We decided that it was time to go home. We left the zoo and stopped at a local restaurant. After we at our food we went home. We finished our day by watching a movie with the kids. After that, we went to bed.
  The next week went by really fast. Halloween was going to be here today in a matter of time. We took the twins out trick or treating. They had a blast. We went to my parents and his parents.