THE OFFER

{EDITED}

word count: 500

"No way." Percy Jackson stood before his uncle's throne on Mount Olympus, shaking his head slowly. 

Zeus sighed deeply and leaned back, pinching the bridge of his nose. 

Percy rolled his eyes, crossing his arms in defiance: "Oh come on, don't go all moody on me King of the skies." The way he said it made it clear it wasn't a compliment. 

Next to him Annabeth shifted her weight, her stance now straight and and Percys gaze hardened. "All right, jokes aside. What do you need us to do."

The gods, previously tense in their seats, were now relaxing. 

Athena snapped her fingers and an oversized white board appeared out of thin air, completely covered in scripture that, judging by materials, seemed to be at least a few hundred years old. There were maps of landmasses Annabeth didn't recognise and that made Percy realise exactly how far they would have to travel for this particular quest. 

He sighed, making Annabeth shrug softly. "At least this time they'll have to care for our transportation, because I have no idea where we're going." She said softly, making sure only Percy heard. 

He smiled in response. "That counts for something, wouldn't you say?" 

"Now it would be nice to know what we're supposed to be doing." Annabeth stated loudly, addressing the Gods.

Zeus waved his hand in a flourish, singling for someone else to explain. 

"Well-," said Poseidon, excitement visible in his eyes, "-you see, there is this little pet world of ours. Usually they manage just fine. We keep an eye on them, just in case, but you know how it is."

"I really don't." interrupted Percy, raised an eyebrow. 

Poseidon shushed him with a motion of his hand and continued:"Their development is very close to medieval Europe, so you should fine carrying around your swords and... stuff. The problem is just that  just recently a man appeared, claiming to be a prophet of a so-called 'golden God'-...," 

Percy's and Annabeth's gazes immediately shifted to Apollo, who had his right leg propped on the armrest of his golden throne. He smirked leisurely and winked in response. 

",...- so we want you to stop him." Poseidon concluded. 

Percy smiled excusing. "Sorry, what was that?"

"Fake Prophet bad guy uses made up golden god to steal from people. Dismantle him." Hades explained in a tone that Percy recognised as the ever present 'I am talking to a small child' voice. 

" We could just kill him. That'd be like a myriad times easier than introducing a whole new religion" Percy argued "And- let's remember christianity for a sec - much less bloody too"

Athena scowled. " If you kill him his cult will just find a new leader."

"Thats fair." Percy nodded. "So." he clapped his hands together In anticipation "When are we leaving. 

Aphrodite rose from her throne, smiling happily: " As soon as I'm done with you."

Annabeth sighed in exasperation. "Dam. I knew there was a catch."