We are caught. That's ... not a first.

We started following the others as soon as possible, which turned out to be half an hour later. Apparently, horses were quite expensive, or at least that was what Mr. greedy guy told us.
The horses said otherwise and after what felt like ten hours of arguing we got a reasonable price and got on our way.

We followed the trails until sundown, when Thalia announced that we should pick up our pace and started galloping, leaving us to follow her.

Her powers as lieutenant of Artemis included tracking even when it was dark, which was incredibly helpful. She said it was like the three sets of hooves glowed silvery and left it at that.

I think it's like when I know the coordinates at sea by instinct.

When the moon came out ((Support the moon, people!)) Will pointed out the smudgy silhouette of smoke rising from the forest just a few kilometres ahead of us and soon enough Thalia stopped her horse and pointed into the forest. »They're here. We should leave the horses.«

We left the horses in the thicket next to the road and, after I asked them to stay silent, followed Thalia into the woods.

We found them almost immediately, mostly because they had lighted a fire. We got slowly closer and checked out the surroundings, then retreated back into the dark.

Annabeth spoke first: » I think we should act like travellers. We'll go back to the horses and stomp through the woods so we'll look as innocent and non-stalkerish as possible.«

Thalia nodded and motioned towards the street » I'll go get the horses.«

» I'll help.« Nico and Thalia disappeared into the dark.

» We should think of some questions to ask them, so Will can check wether they're on our side.«mused Annabeth. I grinned: » What? I thought we could just walk over and ask Hey we wanna get rid of some guy. Maybe you wanna get rid of the same guy and we could team up?«

Suddenly there was a change in the atmosphere and I felt like we were being watched. The others noticed it too and turned their heads a little towards the campfire that was still visible between the trees and bushes.

Then there was a presence behind me and I reached for Riptide but there was already something cold and probably very sharp against my throat.

Annabeth thrusted forward but the knight from the tavern, Horace, stepped out of the shadows and stopped her with his broadsword. She stood still; Annabeth was one of the most skilled dagger fighters at camp and for a second I wondered why she wasn't resisting him.

Then I saw out of the corner of my eye the young Bard, Will, aim with a longbow at Will. That was bad. Most mortals weren't able to hold up a longbow or any bow for that matter longer that a few minutes. I knew that first hand. At that point the hand of the archer starts to shiver and they might release the arrow on accident which was problematic for the target aka Will Solace.

And I really couldn't have anything happen to him.

I brought my hands up and spoke calmly: »Will, please put that bow down. Horace. Would you mind leaving Wisegirl alone? She hasn't done anything to you yet.« Will and Horace looked at me, surprise written on their faces.

I could basically read their thoughts: How does that handsome guy know our names?

Annabeth joined me: » Yeah, Halt, was it? Would you mind taking that dagger down as well? I like Kelphead the way he is.« She sounded like she was complaining about a messed up order at Mc Donalds. Then again I have noting against being compared to food.

"And why would we do that?" Asked Will.

"Because you value your lives?"Thalia spoke up.

She had her new bow up and was aiming at Horace while Nico appeared out of the shadows and pointed his Stygian iron sword at the back of Will number two without touching him.

Will shivered so i guessed he had noticed Nico behind him.

Horace sheathed his sword and Will lowered the Bow.

To my surprise were his hands steady. Who are these people? Halt took down the dagger and walked out of the shadows of the trees. His cloak seemed to blend in almost perfectly which was probably on purpose. "Alright. Who exactly are you?"

DON'T SKIP PLEASE!!!

should the demigods:

Tell them a lie.

Tell them their mission.

Tell them everything.

Another. (Comment)

FOR THE SHERLOCKIANS I started a potterlockAU! Where John is an auror and gets hit with a curse instead of the Afghanistan scenario. Sherlock is a muggle and not as oblivious as John thinks. It's Johnlock bc reasons. Feel free to check it out or not.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY
AND THANKS FOR READING THIS HELL OF AN A/N, I AM SO SORRY

Dm or comment for requests, votes are appreciated. They honestly make my day.