We are very sneaky...

So the previous part was pretty short and so will be the next few because I'm constantly changing POV to make them interact more, but you know at least they are interacting at all.

After two hours of playing I was running out of songs and decided to call it a night. The Inn-keeper handed me a cup of steaming coffee and a plate over the counter and I went sit at an empty table just next to Halts and Horace's. 

By now the tavern was starting to empty; only Halt, Horace and a drunk Farmer were left, as well as a group of travellers that seemed to consist of five people only a little younger than me. 

That wasn't unusual. People traveled at times but usually the people in question weren't that young. 

As I was taking a closer look it seemed that all of them were carrying a weapon or two- even the girls. When one of them moved I noticed that his tunic was dyed an expensive looking turquoise colour.

After I finished my cup of coffee which was pretty good and the plate with the stew which was wonderful I stood up and pretended to start a conversation with the grumpy shepherd and the handsome soldier.

When the weird kids from the next table over stood up and got a room for the night, we sat contemplating for another ten minutes, while waiting for Horace to finish his beer; then we went outside up to look after the horses. 

Tucker's saddle had been undone by a stable boy and there was some food but the water bucket was already empty so I filled it up with water from the well.

Horace is already done so I walk over to him:"Those Kids at the table next to yours- do you know what they want in town?"

He grins sheepishly:"If I'm being honest, I focused on the food" 

That is reasonable.

Then his smile fades and He looks down thoughtfully "But they were all wearing weapons, which is kind of weird, even in these times. I mean they can't possibly handle them- they're way too young." 

That had been bothering me too."I know, right? But now that I think about it they were probably just carrying them to scare off bandits."Horace nods. That is the only explanation. 

Now Halt joins in the conversation:" I don't think you need to worry about them. When they sat down one of them said something about gods paying for dinner and later they stared at your coffee like they had never seen one before. I guess they're lunatics or they belong to Tennyson. Either way, they aren't our problem."

Leaning against the back wall of the tavern, which had now fallen silent as it was getting late, we start to gather ideas on how we could get closer to Tennyson.

After a few minutes of contemplating an assassination Halt spoke up:"I don't think we can just kill him. We need to convince the people that he actually is an imposter and that gods aren't real."

 This makes the whole ordeal infinitely more difficult so we decide to rent a room for the night and discuss the problem behind locked doors. You never knew who might be listening in the dark.