Worlds most passive aggressive game of Truth or Dare

PT. 1/2

wordcount: 1360

I'm so sorry but I had so much stress these past few weeks. Also I'm very tired. Have a nice day/night. Part two tomorrow, I promise.

Comment for faster updates, they motivate me. vote if you like my work; that really means the world to me. sleep well.

Also I obvsl don't have a beta so enjoy my spelling errors.

***

The food was exceptional. Horace and Percy stuffed themselves and were quiet for the rest of the day. When they finally got on their way again it was already dawning, but they were determined to reach clonmel as fast as possible, so they kept going. 

At midnight Halt made them stop. 

"We have to rest; We fought fifty bandits today." 

His gaze flickered over the demigods like he wanted to add something like "We also need to talk how you learned to fight like the best of our soldiers if not better even though you're barely half their age."

As they set up a small campfire and tightened the ropes that held up a sailcloth there was barely a sound made. 

When they finally sat down Horace let out a huff:" I definitely feel like I ate fifty bandits today.", 

but there barely was any reaction. The were all tired out from the fight and the meal, not to speak of the constant traveling. 

William(A/N this is actually way better than will0.2 props to whoever came up with this I forgot.) and Nico were leaning against a tree so the shadows covered them and gave them a little privacy, while the others did the talking. 

Halt Horace and Will had subconsciously taken seat beside each other which left percy, Annabeth and Thalia on the other side of the campfire. 

Will shifted uncomfortably and Horace cleared his throat. The fire cracked loudly and somewhere a nightingale was heard. Wind whisked through the woods and rustled in the leaves. For a moment the Percy was at peace, something Annabeth and him rarely felt since they'd come back from that place. Then Halt broke the illusion of indifference that had overcome the two of them for a split second.

"Who are you?" the silence was deafening.

Annabeth slowly opened her eyes and looked- stared- at Halt from across the fire. Will felt a shiver run down his spine. When she spoke her voice was cold as ice and whisked the warm summer nights atmosphere away. 

" We already told you all you need to know."

" All we need to know? You told us nothing- nothing of importance- about any of you."

Percy sighed and looked up from the fire:" You don't trust us-"

Will looked offended:"Of course we trust you to an extent but-"

"-You don't trust us and that's fine. You barely know us, and it'd be plain stupid to trust us as you know nothing about us." 

They leaned back against a tree trunk and stared up at the sky where the moon was showing between the branches. A content smile wavered over Annabeth's and Percy's faces and Will wondered what they were hiding from them. 

Maybe they were wards to a baron. That'd explain why they didn't want to tell anything about themselves and where they'd leaned to fight. There was something regal about them. No arrogance but strength, courage and magic.