they're still talking but this IS the last chapter of talking, promise.

wordcount: 1773

After [so, so many] reminders to update and a years worth of feeling-bad-because-i-might-be-procrastinator-but-also-a-perfectionist I finally managed a new chapter. 

Are you proud of me. I'm not because me writing this is also me procrastination on learning for my A-Levels so I might fail them but hey. 

One should think my writing improved over a year of writing many-things-but-nothing-for-this-fic but alas. Here you go.

***

"You're shitting me." Halt's voice had an edge to it like he was actually worried they could attack him any moment but he didn't act on it so he still wasn't taking them seriously. 

"We're not." Anabeth spoke calmly. 

Percy was groaning softly, as were Nico and Will before they all - almost simultaneously - rubbed their foreheads and blinked exaggeratedly. It was an odd quirk of behaviour but it made the relation between them obvious.   

Thalia looked a little confused. Apparently she thought it was common knowledge, which Percy was at least decently sure it wasn't - or maybe he hadn't paid attention again and it had finally caught up with him. Which would be just his luck, but at this point he plainly refused to be surprised. 

"I'm pretty sure I told you though - back on Olympus, remember?" Annabeth seemed genuinely confused. "It used to be kinda common but nowadays it's just so rare for demigods to survive long enough. After finishing this quest we will be gods. Minor gods, sure, but immortal. We won't be in danger anymore. I'm decently sure its safe to assume we're all tired of running." 

Percy pinched the bridge of his nose, he could feel the headache coming. "Annabeth, my light, are you saying I'll have to deal with thunder pants I'll temper for the rest of immortal life?" 

Thalia groaned deeply, as if she had only just remembers that thunder pants was her father - Percy understood the sentiment though. 

Will grinned mischivously. "When were immortal he cant smite us anymore so we could just usurp him-" 

"-And take the throne for ourselves." Nico finished, and they fist bumped giddily, all resignation forgotten. 

"Well, now that I think about it..." Annabeth mused. "I'm 87 percent sure we could start a coup and make Olypmus a democracy if were sick of him." 

"If?" Thalia grumbled, arms crossed.

Percy smiled softly, headache receding again. "This is why I love you." Annabeth smiled, seemingly very satisfied with herself. 

"Last week you said it was because of her superior hand-to-hand combat skills." Nico butted in. 

"Simp." Came Williams eloquent addition half a second later. 

Will was in shock. One should think he was used to annoyingly world shattering revelations and he was, really, he just needed a few more seconds to come to term with - whatever this was. 

Thalia sighed deeply. "Could we possibly discuss this later?"

Will, who had regained his composure, raised his hands in protest. " Now hold on. You're children long-dead-but-not-really gods and gods-to-be. Fine. Anything else we should know?"

Halt stepped forward. "Well-"

"I didn't mean you, I mean them" Will nodded towards the teenagers - half gods, his brain helpfully supplied. 

Halt shrugged and crossed his arms, like Thalia had. It made him seem decades younger. "Then I'm not telling you."

"No wait tell me."