We nearly get killed because of food.

Uncomfortable silence  wavered around the fireplace until a certain son of Apollo decided that they should go to bed and Percy, Thalia and Nico protested because they wanted to stay awake.

No-one messes with a son of Apollo when it regarded his patients; Needless to say they went asleep soon after. 

***

The next morning they continued their journey together.

The sun wasn't fully up yet and morning fog flooded the landscape ahead while birds were singing in the woods at the side of the road. the whole scene seemed unnaturally peaceful. 

Halt and Horace were riding ahead of the group while Will distracted the not so trustworthy newcomers with his cheery nature. Horace broke the silence first:" You've got to admit. A little help would come in handy, -no matter how little."  

Halt stayed silent. 

"Also we'll never know what they can actually do If we don't trust them eventually."

"Maybe you're right and I'm just to sceptical of these random people that we've only met yesterday night,"said Halt. 

Horace opened his mouth to add something but Halt talked him over,"While they were spying on us."

The young knights shoulders dropped, but he instantly started smiling again." See? We know now they're terrible spies," He exclaimed happily. "And they told us stuff about themselves too. That's gotta count for something. At least we know now that they're on our side."

Halt raised an eyebrow:" Would you bet your life on that?"

***

When the sun reached the Zenit they came across a village that seemed big enough to have a tavern as well as someone who could tell them the best route to the capital and thus decided to stop for lunch. Actually Percy, Horace and Thalia were the only ones who were hungry but the others still agreed to come so they'd stop complaining about food.

When the were still twenty feet from the opening in the wooden barricade that surrounded the village the were stoped by two armed men. 

The one who looked like a beanpole spoke first:" What do you want here. Why are you so many people and why are you armed?"

Percy spoke up first:" We want food. But then again who doesn't want food?... Well doesn't matter. We're so many people because none of us are not not born. And why would you ask why we're armed? you're armed yourself." 

Beanpole mumbled:" I guess," but didn't complain.

His friend had recovered from the shock and now pointed a lance at them:" Go away or we'll kill you!"

Beanpole groaned.

All of them had to turn their heads away to cover their smiles, except halt who had encountered the likes before and knew how to handle them. 

Halt looked at the older man with authority:" We're sent by the king of Araluen. May we speak to your chief?"

The second guy looked suspicious but couldn't figure out how Halt would want to trick him. 

Beanpole rolled his eyes and waved towards the house at the end of Main Street:" Come on Gerald go get 'em. I'll look after these fellas." 

Gerald stood up a bit then before straighter and nodded:" Y'know what I'll just go get him. you look after these fellas."

Beanpole smirked at him:" Sure. What would I do without ya." He turned back to the snickering group. "I'm Marcus by the way. So what are you doin' out there? These are dangerous times to travel."

Will nodded:" We heard what happed in the other village. Saw what happed to the other other village. But as we said, we're sent by king Duncan to help with the attacks."

Beanpole nodded slightly but stopped when he notices Gerald was returning with the chief and an entourage of armed farmers.

The Chief scanned the faces, found them to be very young, wondered if that was his own age and finally turned towards Halt:" As I've been told there was a problem?"

Halt sighed. Of course there was but wasn't there always? He spoke up calmly:" Im afraid so. three of us wanted to have a warm lunch and the rest of us would like some information."

sorry I swear I'll post tomorrow goodnight (700w)