The master plan shows how Halts brain is better than ours.

We ended up spending the night in our camp. Two hours after the landing we came across a village that had been attaced recently. The villagers didn't trust three armed strangers but recommended a tavern a days ride away. We would reach it by midday tomorrow and while I cooked a scrawny bunny over the campfire and Horace sharpened his sword near the tents Halt informed us of his genius plan.

"You want me to dress up as a bard and march into the enemy camp while you and a muscled 6'ft tall soldier pretend to be shepherds?" I shake my head "Halt you might have to elaborate or Horace and I will continue to stare at you like you're some lunatic"

Horace's face still displays a variety of expressions ranging from surprise over confusion to resignation. He's been hanging out with us rangers for to long.

Halt mimics hurt feelings while continuing to sip on a cup of coffee; it takes away the seriousness of his expression and he explains further:" Will, Horace I don't know how I deserve the title lunatic but maybe your brains aren't evolved far enough to follow my masterpiece of a plan."

He takes another sip of coffee and we wait patiently for him to enlighten us; after a minute he puts the cup back in the ground and explains:" Will, you will dress up as a bard and March into the enemy camp, as you called it."

Another sip of coffee later he continues

"Since Tennyson has many followers his camp has to be quite large; it should be no problem to sneak in and play some funny tune on that instrument of yours. This way you seem trustable enough to get information on Tennysons next steps."

"Okay but why does Horace has to be a shepherd? I mean look at him his body practically screams soldier."

Halt sips again.

"That's why I'm here" He signals towards the direction we came from,waking the memories of the destroyed village. "No sane person, let alone some mistrusting old shepherd would buy new sheep without proper protection for the journey back home."

He took another sip of coffee, while pointing at Horace

"You'll be my nephew. You've been with the army for the last few years but as things are looking now you've decided to come home and help the family out."

I have to admit, now that he explained the plan it made sense. But hey this is halt were talking about; he could be royalty and no one would now.