Dinner

Jade woke up to the aromatic smell of something cooking. She blinked a couple of times before stretching, but then she grimaced at the feeling of congealed blood all over her body. Grumbling to herself she slowly got off the bed before waving a hand behind her and mumbling something. Soon the “guest” bedroom disappeared and her basement returned to normal again. She then made her way upstairs, not caring about the fact that she was naked. It was her house after all.

Once she was out of the basement what she saw before her woke her up fully, for there stood Hannibal, apron and all, cooking in her kitchen. He seemed to pause what he was doing to look over at her, a small smile creeping onto his face.

“Why are you cooking?” she asked,

“I was hungry,” he stated.

“Where did the food come from? I have no food in my house. Why is there food in my house?” she asked confused.

“The better question is why don’t you keep food in your house.”

“I am a vampire Hannibal, we don’t need food to sustain us. We only eat it to keep up appearances.” She scratched her head before looking around. “Alright well, make yourself at home I guess. I am going to take a shower.” She then made her way to her bedroom.

Some time later Jade wandered out of her room, her hair still wet and dripping, and her ringlets were starting to show. She found Hannibal eating at the kitchen island.

“Look at you all clean and shit.” She comment as she moved around the counters to lean against them while he ate.

“I hope you do not mind that I took a shower before going out.”

“Eh mi casa es tu casa, or something like that.” She waved it off. “How long were you up before I woke up?”

“Several hours. I was a bit surprised actually.”

“Eh I would say that is a vampire thing, but it would be a bit of a lie. I mean sure your standard vampire will sleep all day, as sunlight can kill them. But as for the rest it just depends on the vampire. I am on the lazy side so I tend to sleep in a lot.” She shrugged. She reached over and picked something off his plate before popping it into her mouth.

“What do you think?” he asked.

“Truthfully? I don’t know. I can’t taste anything. Blood yes, but human food is tasteless to me.”

“How can you know if what you are eating is delicious or not if you cannot taste?”

“It doesn’t matter to us if it is good or not. We just have to pretend long enough to convince you humans.”

“What else to you pretend to be interesting in?”

“Depends on the human. I had this one guy that had this thing for being pushed down the stairs. And then there is the good old fashion fantasy. Like this one person would only have sex with me of I was dressed as a schoolgirl.” She paused for a moment. “I’ve also had to pretend to be interested in sports and this one dude was like obsessed with that show Desperate Housewives or whatever? I don’t know. You humans are weird.”

Hannibal seemed to take a pause in his eating. “What are you interested in?”

“Sex, blood, and rock ‘n roll!” She smirked at the look he was giving her. “You mean besides those things?” She thought for a moment as she jumped up onto her counters. “I like to read, and dance, and do gymnastics,” she shot him a glare.

“How was I to know what you were doing?”

“You could have knocked.”

“I was going to until I realized your door was open.”

“What? My door... but...” then she growled. “Fucking Liam. I swear I need to have him neutered.”

“In Will’s absence I feel obligated to ask what exactly is the story with you two?”

“I was speaking the truth when I said we grew up together, and that I knew him forever.”

“That still doesn’t explain everything.”

“Yes, it does.” She smiled at him. She watched as he reached for something and noticed the scars on his arms, she frowned. “I should have been there sooner. Or I should have moved sooner. Either way I should have done more.”

“It hardly matters; they’re simply a reminder of what I survived.”

“I should have at least stopped by to heal the wounds.”

“That would have caused more problems.”

She shrugged before hopping off the counter and making her way over to him.

“I was surprised that you ended up helping me.”

“Hey I have made it no secret that I want to play with you. I can’t exactly do that if you're dead. Besides...” she slashed a nail across his cheek, cutting it. “The only one that should be allowed to make you bleed is me.” She leaned forward and slowly licked up the blood. She then leaned in close to his ear and whispered, “Also, I was telling the truth when I said that scene turned me on.” Licking her lips, her hand slowly moved down his chest to his pants, but his hand caught her’s last second.

“I really should be going. I have appointments, among other things.”

“Pe bune? For real, you're going to bail on me?”

“I did not know you speak Romanian.”

“Există o mulțime tu nu stii. There is a lot you don’t know, and if you are going to bail I am not sure I want to tell you.” She mocked pouted.

He roughly, but not too roughly, grabbed her face. “The things I would do with those lips.”

“Maybe later, lover.” She licked her lips before pulling away from him.

“No kiss goodbye?”

“Iadul nu. Hell no, I don’t know who you had for breakfast.”

“I did not think such things would bother you.”

“It doesn’t.” She licked his cheek again. “I just don’t do  goodbye kisses. I will warn you now mister, if you are looking for some kind of housewife, or house girlfriend, or whatever you brilliant rich man types have you will not find it here.” She gently pushed him into a wall. “I am the kind of girl that likes getting down and dirty, and boy do I mean dirty.” She ran her hands over his body before leaning in closer to his ear. “I want you to get a boner so hard when you see blood you have no choice but to satisfy yourself right then and there while you think of me the entire time.” She leaned back some, but kept their faces mere inches from each other. “Now, give us a kiss,” she purred. Her tongue flicked out for a moment, teasingly licking his lips, though she never actually connected hers with his. Pushing herself off the wall she smirked at him as he followed suit. As he made his way to the door she called out to him one last time. “Au revoir, ma chérie.”