Chapter 20 💔

Day 11 - "I'm only focusing on finishing this as soon as possible"

Jungkook's POV

I've been avoiding Y/N since yesterday.

When she wore the earrings, nothing happened. We were supposed to feel something, some electrical feeling coursing through our bodies, but there was nothing...

If we truly were in love with each other... this wouldn't have happened.

I was once again in her body, switching between channels in my home.

She didn't love me.

That was the only logical conclusion I came to.

I groaned and threw my head back.

Why doesn't she feel the same as me? Did I do something wrong?

She kissed me back yesterday... but that didn't mean anything to her? At all?

I covered my face with my hand and let my thoughts run free.

Beep.

I sighed and reached the table to grab my phone.

I smiled a little when I read the message.

Jungoo: Must be nice being this handsome... girls are literally surrounding me 😳

I shook my head, chuckling, and ran my fingers across the keyboard.

Me: Steer clear of them politely

Me: Don't do anything weird, okay?

Whoops...

I was supposed to be ignoring her...

I slapped my forehead, cursing internally.

Another notification came.

Jungoo: I don't do anything weird 😤

"Right," I chuckled to myself.

I decided to look into her other stuff since it was boring as heck not doing anything.

When I tapped on the photos icon, pictures of V hyung greeted me. It was disappointing but not surprising.

She likes him.

I clenched my jaw and threw her phone away.

Is she that smitten with him that she can't even begin to like me?

I dropped myself on the couch and stared at the ceiling.

I have to do something...

💫💫💫

I dragged Y/N into my room the moment she stepped inside. Hyungs didn't seem to care that much.

"What happened?"

She examined me with my huge doe eyes.

"Sit down first." I patted the bed after sitting.

She took hesitant steps and sat down next to me.

I cleared my throat and held out the paper that I printed earlier. She eyed them curiously.

"As we both know, kissing didn't work." She pursed her lips and looked down. "That's why, I came up with a new method."

I raised the paper, catching her attention. "I found this thing on the internet today. We'll be asking each other these 36 questions and answering them honestly. Doing that is supposed to have us fall in love with each other."

"Um, I don't think that's going to-"

"First question. Make three true "we" statements each. For instance, 'We are both in this room feeling ...'"

She shut her eyes before rubbing them. "Jungkook... That won't work."

She wasn't trying.

"At least try, Y/N."

She sighed, "I said that won't work. It's useless."

She grabbed the paper from my hands, scanned it for a moment and threw it away.

I could feel myself boiling in anger.

"If you didn't get it, I'm trying to make things right, Y/N!" I spat, frustrated.

She snapped her head up and glared at me. "You can't force me to love you! What you're trying to do isn't right!"

Pardon?

"If we do it, we might bring an end to all of this fast. I'm only focusing on finishing this as soon as possible."

She looked away.

"Are you that fixed on getting rid of me as fast as possible?"

I froze. Her voice sounded strained.

"No! It's just..."

I had nothing.

I couldn't lie that I didn't have such intention from the start. But still, there was a part of me that actually hoped that the curse stayed after she wore the earrings yesterday.

I didn't know if I really wanted to end all of this or have her stay with me for just a little more time.

I wanted her to return my feelings, but did I want her to leave me afterwards?

I didn't know what to do...

————————————————————
A/N: *inhales* DONT LEAVE ME NOW BELIEVE HASHIRIDASU~

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💜