Chapter 23 ❣️

Day 12 Part 3 - "Calm thyself"

I take back what I said...

"Noo! You can't make me!"

I shut my eyes tight as I hugged a long pole and clutched it as if my life depended on it. The slope was too steep and my acrophobia was already triggered with a single glance. There was no way I was placing my butt on that unreliable sled and falling into the abyss.

"Stop being a wuss, come on!" Jungkook was trying his hardest to separate me and my pole. "I'm sledding with you, I told you that! Why can't you just trust me?!"

I yelled, "No! I don't want to die!" before crouching down and burying myself more into the ground.

"You're not gonna die, oh my gosh. I'll hold you tight, okay? We came all the way here and if we don't do it, it'd be a waste!" He pulled me harder. "Come on!"

He tugged once with immense force and my body came crashing into his, both of us falling on the snow.

"God it's cold," I mumbled, trembling. Our breaths were coming out in fogs, mingling together in the air.

"Didn't you wear enough clothes?" Jungkook looked down at me.

"Not enough. I didn't think we were going to a really cold place like this," I admitted.

"You idiot, you should've told me that before climbing up here." He stood up, pulling me with himself. "No gloves?"

I shook my head.

He sighed and pulled out his gloves from his pockets before gently putting them on my hands. I looked at his face when he was doing that and my heart started beating faster. He looked so gentle and focused, very caring, as if he was my protective boyf- "No". I shook away my thoughts. I could feel heat rushing to my cheeks.

He then took off his scarf and wrapped it around my neck and over my head. "You look like a nun, Y/N," he giggled.

I clasped my hands together and wore my 'extra' face with half closed eyes. "Call me Sister Y/N," I softly said.

He snorted before grabbing my hand and walking to the sled. "Come on."

He let me get comfortable first and then plopped down behind me with his legs around mine, holding me in place. His chest came in contact with my back and I gulped, feeling his warmth.

"Are you ready?" He cheered and I whimpered. With my shaky, cold hands, I clutched his that were placed on the bars on both sides.

"Wait! What happened to holding me tightly?" I started panicking.

"Oh. Right."

He totally forgot about that!

His left arm suddenly wrapped around my torso and my heart freaked out, beating furiously. "Holy shit", I thought. "Calm down, Y/N. Calm thyself."

"Hold the bar on the left," he said. I didn't know how that would save my ass but I did as told. "We will go on three, okay?"

I pursed my lips. My breathing was irregular. I looked up ahead at the long, steep, snowy road in horror.

"One. Two. Th-"

"Wait. Wait. Wait! Is it on three or after three?"

"The hec- I said on three!"

"Okay, okay. Just making sure, sheesh."

He sighed and pinched my stomach through my clothes.

I hissed. "Ow!"

He snorted and took a deep breath.

"Three!"

"What the f-"

With one powerful push, we flew forward and started sliding faster than I could comprehend. The wind was blowing at my face too strong and I could barely keep my eyes open.

"Aaaaaahhhhhh!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs and holding the bar and his hand for dear life. On the other hand...

"Woooooo!" I could hear Jungkook screaming in excitement behind me.

He seemed to be having too much fun, laughing and cheering. It would have been fun for me, too... if I wasn't so scared.

He suddenly leaned down next to my ear and said, "You think too much. Just let your mind be free and enjoy the thrill." When I turned my head to him, his face was so close and my heart jumped a little.

I quickly looked back at the road and took a deep breath after closing my eyes. With the thought of only having fun and nothing else, I opened my eyes.

Surprisingly, it all became less scary.

He let go of the bar and held my hand, probably trying to assure me that it's alright.

Wrong move...

"J-Jungkook, we're swerving!" I yelled while trying to steer the sled using the bar I was holding.

But it was too late.

————————————————————
A/N: I'm sorry for updating so late 😔
I can't wait to graduate soon ugh, school's a birch.

————————————————————A/N: I'm sorry for updating so late 😔I can't wait to graduate soon ugh, school's a birch

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💜