Chapter 22 ❣️

Day 12 Part 2 - "I won't stop myself"

"So Irina went off like that and I didn't even get to witness it?! Aww man..."

He giggled, throwing his head back and wiping his tears. "You girls are so scary I can't."

We had been laughing for 10 minutes straight. This talking session was really fun, but most importantly, it cleared up our misunderstandings and... improved our bonding surprisingly.

"How did you like my friends? By now, you must already know their biases and such, right?" I sipped my chocolate milkshake.

"Yeah. They're nice. I liked them. It was good to know that there were some people who would help me at school. You don't know how much I suffered trying to act like a girl," he groaned and rubbed his eyes, acting stressed.

"Mhmm, I bet you enjoyed it."

"Pardon?"

"Oh you know," I sighed, placing my milkshake down. "Putting on makeup and dressing up and-"

"I put on light makeup and wore hoodies and sweatpants," he said frowning.

"You did what?!" I gasped. "Oh my gosh, you made me look like a hobo then. I only wear those during finals week and to the supermarket during the evenings. How could youuu... I trusted you."

"It's fine. You looked pretty nonetheless," he brushed it off.

"That's not the- Huh?"

He cleared his throat. "Your ice-cream is melting."

"This is an ice-cream cake, Kook."

He bit his lips.

"Anyway, let's talk about our actual topic now..."

I tensed up. It was difficult to address our situation, but we couldn't just not talk about it.

He leaned towards me and folded his hands on the table. "Do you not have feelings for me? Why didn't the kiss work?"

"That's a good question." I pursed my lips. "I liked Taehyung in the first place because I was afraid of having my heart broken in the first place, because, you know, he would never reject me since we didn't know each other personally."

I could see his brain cogs turning from his expression.

"It's like a protective mechanism, I guess. Fans are like that, usually. This situation, too. I can't seem to allow myself to be in love with you, because I know that this..." I gestured between us. "Won't work."

His brows furrowed and I just realized how selfish that sounded.

"That mentality blocked me last time... But now I won't stop myself. We're both suffering, not only me. So let's just do this for the sake of the both of us. I won't brush you off anymore, so..."

He nodded slowly. "Okay."

"By the way, why did you ask me to dress warm?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Hm? Oh. After this, we're going skiing." He grinned, showing me his pearly white bunny teeth.

I widened my eyes. "W-What? But it's not yet winter, what are you..."

He shrugged. "Since you won't be here during winter, I thought I should let you experience it earlier..."

My heart squeezed.

"Oh. That's nice." I sipped my milkshake. "If we don't have anything else to discuss, shall we go before it's dark then?"

"What about your ice-cream?" He pointed at the small house-shaped cake.

"Let's just take it away. My blood sugar level is going to spike and I might die," I chuckled. "You ordered too much for me." I raised the two small cardboards that once held blueberry and chocolate ice-cream cakes.

"Well, it was you who wanted me to order, so..."

I shook my head, giggling.

💫💫💫

We arrived at the ski resort and I was already shivering from the freezing air surrounding us. I scolded myself for not wearing warmer clothes. When I glanced at Jungkook, he looked unfazed by the cold.

Muscle pig...

Wait, if you have more muscles, do you not get cold easily?

"Y/N?"

I turned to him, snapping out of my thoughts. "What?"

"I said, do you wanna go skiing or sledding? Can you ski?"

"Oh. I can't ski, so... sledding?"

He giggled. "Sledding it is," he said to the cashier who was definitely ogling at him. I could feel some kind of heavy emotion take over me seeing the way she was drooling at him. Jealousy?

He handed me the ticket and I looked at it. One sled? "Wait. We're sledding together? Aren't you gonna go skiing?"

"I can't let you be alone. I'll be guiding you, okay?" He smiled widely.

"Oh." I felt relieved.

What could go wrong?

————————————————————
A/N: Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💜