How They Met

Farkle's POV

I was in my room hanging out waiting for Lucas to come back when Maya opened my door and walking over to my window seat.

"Can I help you?" I asked Maya after she sitting on my window seat.

"Did Lucas tell you that Riley likes him?" Maya asks me.

"I knew that Riley liked him but I didn't think she told him that she liked him."

"She didn't tell her."

"Then who did?"

"I did," Maya said looking out the window.

"Maya what did you do?"

"It slipped out while we were walking on the beach yesterday."

"What else did Lucas say?'

"I stopped him from asking me any questions while we were still on the beach but I dont think I can keep him not asking questions all summer."

"What do you want me to do?" I said standing up.

"Just tell Lucas in the best way you can that Riley is over him," Maya said walking over to the door.

"Okay I will tell him the next time I see him," I said opening our door.

"Oh by the way get a swimsuit and towel," Maya said turning around.

"Why?" I asked.

"Toby is going over for a lazy pool day," Maya says before shutting the door.

Maya's POV

After I walked out of Farkle and Lucas's room I walked over into my room. Riley was still laying in bed asleep.

"Riley wake up," I yelled pulling her covers off.

"I don't want to get up," Riley says.

"Come on if you don't get up then you don't get to see Toby," I said and within seconds she was up.

"Okay I'm aready," Riley said standing up still in her Pyjamas and messy side braid.

I laugh, "So you want to go to the pool in that. Alright don't let me stop you."

"I wasn't actually asleep that whole time. I was up around 7."

"Why?"

"I heard someone wake up."

"Who was it?"

"Lucas."

"Did you follow him?"

"Yeah."

"Riley why I thought you were over him."

"I am it's just I was curious."

"Were did he go?"

"For a run."

"That's it?"

I picked up a swimsuit and walked into the bathroom to change.

"He meet a girl," Riley yelled from the bedroom.

"Who?" I asked.

"Have you see my red cover up."

"No I haven't maybe check in the closet. Who was he talking to?"

"Oh here it is thanks your a life saver and I don't know her but her name is Rose."

"Oh," I said walking out to the bedroom again.

"Cute swimsuit. I like the black, white, and red," Maya says running into the bathroom I was just in.

"Thanks it's my favorite one. It's the only high waisted one I could find in the mall."

The mall was the first place that I meet Alex. It had only two days after that night and I was waiting for Riley to finish checking out at the store when Lucas and Alex came out of the game store. Things between Lucas and I were still weird but I was doing what he told me move on.

"Hey Maya," Lucas awkwardly says.

"Hi who's your friend?" I asked Lucas.

"Maya this is Alex," Lucas began, "Alex this is Maya."

Alex stuck out his hand I took it and shook it, "Hi Maya I just moved here from Minnesota."

I smiled, "Hi Alex."