eleven

"What should we watch?" Blake asked, walking out of the bathroom with a white t-shirt tucked into his soft, red plaid pyjama bottoms. Serenity thought he looked absolutely magnificent in his plaid trousers and she made sure he knew it, too, by winking at him as soon as he looked at her.

"My Girl?" Serenity suggested, playing with the small waves in her hair. She was tucked under the covers, still wearing Blake's button up and a pair of comfortable shorts. She had planned on taking his shirt off and wearing a simple tank, but Blake had talked her out of it; something about how it looked better on her than on him.

"What's that?" Cassie, George and Reece all asked in sync. Serenity and Blake both looked at the three with a look of disgust on their face.

"How don't you know what My Girl is?" Serenity asked, tilting her head towards the side.

"You uneducated paperclips!" Blake exclaimed, causing Serenity to laugh.

"I'm not from the '50's, sorry," Reece said, looking at his phone. He had searched up the movie to see if he had remembered it but forgot the name, and noticed that it came out in 1991.

"It's a classic!" Blake replied, flicking through Netflix to find it. As soon as he found the movie, he walked over to the bed that Serenity was laid on and sat beside her, resting his hand on hers. She smiled at the small gesture and rested her head lightly on his shoulder.

Serenity wondered why she had felt so comfortable with Blake. She had wondered why she felt the things that she felt for him, even though they hadn't known each other for very long. Blake was the first boy she'd ever felt feelings for— she wasn't even sure what she was feeling. All she knew was that it felt like time stopped every time they kissed; her skin sparked at Blake's every touch. Whenever she saw him, it was like everything was okay again. She didn't understand how someone she had only just met could make her feel like that.

Blake started the movie and drifted away into his thoughts as Cassie and the other two boys laid and watched it rather closely. Serenity took her camera out of her bag that was sitting in front of the bedside table and turned it on. She aimed it towards the boy who was sat beside her, deep in thought, and snapped a photo.

Blake snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the girl beside him who was smiling from behind her camera. She moved over and handed Blake the camera, showing him the side profile photo she took of him.

"This is really good," he told her, smiling from ear to ear.

"Thanks," she replied, taking back her camera and sliding it back in her bag. Blake opened his arms for her and she gratefully took the offer, resting her head on his chest gently. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead and held her close to him, both of them paying attention to the movie playing in front of them.

Just as Blake thought that Serenity had fallen asleep, he whispered a soft mumble in her ear. "You don't know what you do to me, Flowers."

-

Serenity had woken up in the middle of the night due to a nightmare, yet again. She was starting to get worried— she only ever had nightmares when something was to go wrong. She had managed to slip out of Blake's grip without waking him before wrapping one of the hospital robes around her frame and walking down the hall towards the elevator.

Serenity stepped outside of the hotel and let out a deep sigh. It was cold and the air felt like a million knives hitting her skin, but it felt somewhat nice. She wasn't complaining. She stood with her back against the outer wall of the hotel and looked around, thinking of everything that's happened in the last two weeks.

"I noticed you were gone," a voice said, snapping her out of her daze. She turned her head and saw Reece standing beside her against the wall.

"Hey," she said. "I couldn't get back to sleep."

"Me, either. We haven't had a chance to really talk since the meet and greet."

"I'm sorry," she apologized immediately.

"No, it's not your fault. I've been having too much fun with Cassie and George," Reece told her, pausing for a minute. "He likes her, doesn't he?"

"Yeah," Serenity replied, "did you know that?"

"He's been my best friend for a while now, it's pretty easy to see. Same with Blake— he absolutely adores you, Serenity."

"I've never had a boyfriend before," she told him, "let alone even felt the things I've felt with Blake."

"What do you feel with him?" Reece asked. He was always good at relationship advice, even though he hadn't been in one for a while. He claimed it was because he wanted to focus more on his singing career than a girl— no one really knew, other than him, that he just hadn't found a girl that he really wanted to be with.

He was sick of wasting his love on girls that only wanted him for his fame.

"It's like coming up for air when you're swimming. Every time he touches me, Reece, my skin explodes. He's got me mesmerised..." she told him, trailing off.

"You know," Reece replied, "you do the exact same thing to him."

"I don't want to mess it up with him, Reece."

"You won't, okay?" he assured her. "He may not know it yet, but it's easy to see that boy loves you."

-

Blake woke up later that morning with Serenity still in his arms, asleep. He looked at her and found the way she looked while she was asleep absolutely beautiful. He looked around the room and noticed that they were the only two left in the room, but there was a note over his phone on the bedside table.

Diligently, he moved only slightly to reach for the note. His eyes dragged over it and a smile appeared on his face.

Blake,

Cassie, George and I are out. Spend the day with Serenity in the hotel room, yeah? We won't be back til much later.

Enjoy,

Reece x

Blake smiled and set the note back down before kissing Serenity on her head. He cradled her in his arms and looked over at the alarm clock, which read 7:39 a.m,. It was too early to wake Serenity, and Blake was still rather tired.

"Sleep well, my little angel," Blake whispered softly to the sleeping girl in his arms before falling back asleep to the soft beat of her heart.

-

[SO I JUST FINISHED WRITING CHAPTER EIGHTEEN AND IM FUCKING CRYINGY OU GUYS GJEHAJSUDJSGFHASJ]