1.1

''It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me.

So you can't see me, no, not at all''

In the town of Greendale where it always felt like Halloween, there lived two girls who were half-witch and half-mortal, who, on their 16th birthday, would have to choose between the two worlds. My name is Gracelina Spellman, and I welcome you to the mess I call my life.

In Paramount theaters, I am sitting next to my sister who couldn't help but smile at the zombies that trudged around on the screen. Suddenly everyone let out a scared yelp but I just laughed along with my sister as we took enjoyment from the unrealistic horrors. Being a half-witch you learn there are much scarier things in the world, and Hollywood movies aren't even close to some things I have seen.

"What did you think?", I asked the group right after the movie ended. Looking at Sabrina with a mischievous glint in my eye which she reciprocates, knowing that they were terrified.

"I was confused by the zombies. I mean, why were they so freakin' slow?" Harvey asked as we walked down the stairs and out of the theater.

"Fast-moving zombies is a relatively new concept in horror. Earlier incarnations assumed that reanimated corpses were afflicted by rigor mortis, and, as such, moved slowly." Sabrina explained to her confused boyfriend.

I shook my head agreeing with Sabrina while grabbing a piece of popcorn from Susie's bag.  Susie hit me lightly on the arm and I stuck my tongue out at her.

We stopped at the bottom of the stairs to see a group of boys from school laughing and shoving one another around. They were laughing at Susie.

"It's fine," She told Sabrina and me as we started to move towards them, ready to tell them off. As we did so Sabrina and I managed to bump into a Ms. Wardwell.

"Sabrina! Gracalina!" She smiled.

"Ms. Wardwell.", I say, excited to see her as Sabrina greets her with a smile "We didn't know you were a fan of horror movies."

"Sabrina's nuts for 'em, the gorier the better!" Harvey laughed. As I nodded along knowing my sister loved a good scare, I was just a movie lover in general.

"Well, um, who doesn't enjoy a good scare every now and again?" She smiled nervously, looking around. "Especially this time of year." She finished before turning to walk off. Sabrina and I gave each other a knowing look thinking of what was coming up before we tried to get her attention.

"Ms. Wardwell, we have a tradition of going to the movies and then to Dr. Cerberus's to dissect whatever we just saw." We told our skittish teacher before asking, "Do you want to join us?"

"I have papers to grade." She said, probably noticing the unsure looks from our friends. "But thank you, thank you for the offer...Really." She smiled at us and sent us a wave. "See you in class guys!"

We gave her a sad smile and waved back before turning to Roz who had kicked my foot.

"Why would you do that?" She whispers yelled.

"Invite Ms. Wardwell?" Sabrina questioned, looking at us, "I feel bad for her, living in that house... all alone." She said sadly as I nodded giving Roz the answer she requested.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

Later that night we all sat in Cerberus Books, as music played lightly in the background and teens chattered around us.

I watched my four friends bicker with one another, saying that the zombie movie was about the Cold War and civil rights when it clearly was not.

I however just laugh at the beloved group and take a small sip of my strawberry milkshake that sat before me.