1.5

"I am the one hiding under your bed

Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red"

I was so happy to return home after spending three days away from my family. I had given Sabrina out father's journal since I couldn't bear to read any more of our father's writings.

I go to my room and go to sleep almost immediately, tired of the lack of sleep I had at the academy. I can't wait to sleep all night and day tomorrow.

I jump out of bed the minute I hear my sister's scream, taking me out of any sleeplike trance I was in. I run to the foyer, knowing everyone would meet there soon. I hear a growl causing me to try to stifle the scream which is bubbling inside of me. Since I have the gift of banshee vocals, my screams can get out of hand, to the point where I could injure those around me.

My aunties and Sabrina rush down the stairs towards me and Ambrose come out of the lab room demanding to know what is going on.

"A demon, in the house", Sabrina pants, causing my heart to start erratically beating in my chest. Demons are terrifying and extremely deadly.

"What do you mean a demon, what kind of demon?", He panics, looking aroung for the demon.

"Whatever kind it is, we have protocols in place", Aunt Zelda breathes out.

"We do?" I ask confused, not even remembering a fire protocol.

"We seal the house to contain the entity, to prevent it from escaping into the world when it would cause rampant, wanton chaos", Aunt Zelda lectures.

"Okay, let's do this", Ambrose nods and they all link hands while I watch. It is times like this where I don't feel like a real witch. I can't even help my family with a simple spell without risking an injury.

"Ex spiritibus enim sie te aeris, Qui omnipotentiam Tuam parcendo Clavem ad Ostium ab grandus Cincinno", they chant, sealing the house so no one can go in or out.

"Spellmans...", I hear the demon growl making me slowly, turn my head to find the grotesque creature, at the top of the stairwell.

"You're his family, aren't you? My captor's kin, you smell like Spellmans" it hisses, it's presence causing chills to run down my back.

"Know this, demon. Our house is sealed with an incantation we, and only we, know. If you harm us, you'll never escape it", Aunt Zelda bravely states stepping in front of us.

The demon stalks down the stairwell in a slow, haunting pace.

"Another prison? No, no, no! Edward Spellman imprisoned me in the Acheron puzzle for 70 years. I'll not be caged again" it growls, nearing closer, ready to kill us. I rush to grab Ambrose's hand in fear.

"What do you want, hellspawn?" I ask shakily and it intently looks at me with a sick grin, making my skin crawl.

"First, revenge on the family of Edward Spellman", it scratches our banister.

"Did you have to ask, love?" Aunt Hilda speaks through her teeth in an annoyed tone while Ambrose hugs me tighter.

"And then, freedom, so I may fill the world with my sublime nightmares" it declares causing me to roll my eyes. Demons only want world domination.

It points a crooked finger at the radio, causing it to start playing Dream a Little Dream of Me.

'But in your dreams whatever they be

Dream a little dream of me'

"I don't understand, nightmares?" Sabrina looks at us in confusion.