1.9

"Who's a heretic, child?

Can you make it stick, now that I'm on trial"

I have been ignoring everyone who was involved in Tommy's resurrection. I refuse to talk to any of them. They not only messed with the natural order but they have lied to me. I know that something is up because every night I wake up buried in the Cain pit and I have to dig myself out and try to convince myself to fall back asleep.

At the academy, I have chosen to spend all my free time at the library with Bast, whose silence is greedily welcomed. I must confess however that my time with Bast has allowed him to open up to be a bit more than usual. He still remains closed off for the most part but I have slowly been unraveling the cold exterior of the handsome boy. For example, one day in the library, Bast and I were playing a trivia game, and much to my surprise, Bast was able to answer each question without fail even knowing other information on the topic that wasn't mentioned on the cue cards. That game quickly evolved into Bast teaching me about the topics that I would make up in my head.

I also learned that Bast was a talented artist who often spent his free time drawing when he wasn't too busy brooding around campus. My favorite days were spent in the courtyard, relaxing my head on Bast's bookbag as he drew. He never allowed me to see his portraits, always saying they were for him alone. 

I am drying my hair in the bathroom when I hear Astris's squawking. I exit the bathroom, after quickly putting on my silk robe. I walk up to her worried, "What's wrong?"

"I think I make her nervous", I jump hearing Bast's voice behind me. Astris growls but I walk up to her anyway and rub her head. She has always been sweet to me but, I do notice a resentment for other witches and warlocks.

I tighten my robe before shooting him my best glare, "Bast, what are you doing here? And how did you get into my room?"

Bast smirks at my discomfort, "Teleportation."

I nod my head before looking at him, waiting for his reasons for coming.

Bast sighs, "I know you are mad but, Agatha's sick. Really sick. Prudence says she's vomiting up dirt."

"What's that got to do with me? Sabrina caused this", I fold my arms in front of myself. I choose not to tell him that I have been waking up in the Cain Pit.

Bast runs his fingers through his hair, "I agree. I could honestly care less about the girl", he walks up to me and I don't stop him, interested to see what he has to say. This gives Bast the confidence to take a few more steps before he is right in front of me, "But when Nicholas told me the news, I figured you may need some help relaxing."

I open my mouth to say something but before I can speak, he has lowered his head into the crook of my neck and is diligently nipping at my skin, murmuring apologies.

"Bast", I warn but it quickly turns into a moan as his attack on my neck becomes more passionate. He moves us back until my back hits the wall, his lips slowly trail up until they are hovering above my own.

I am taking shallow breathes and try to catch my breath, before pulling Bast by the collar of his shirt and slamming his lips on to mine, "Just this one time."

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

I feel suffocated as I am trapped under something heavy. The air is thin and muggy and I feel a layer of humidity. I try to move my arms up but realize the are trapped at my sides. Again. I feel water lining my eyes, at the thought of having to go through this horrendous process again. I scream, after trying to hold it in for so long.