1.8

"I'll be your friend

Till death do us part"

Sabrina and I are currently watching, Night of the Demon, on tv. It is an old occult horror film in the 50s. When we were younger Sabrina, Harvey and I would always watch it around Thanksgiving.

Ambrose walks into the room with a plate full of bacon, "Bacon, cous?"

I move my hand over my nose, trying not to smell the breakfast meat. Pictures of Mildred's dead body cut open flash before my eyes, "Eww. No. After what I saw at the Church of Night yesterday, I am fasting. Maybe for the rest of my life, but definitely until later tonight."

Sabrina nods along with me, "I am with you sister. I may even become vegetarian."

I giddily move closer to her, "Really? Because it would be so nice to have another vegetarian in the house!"

Ambrose changes the subject before Sabrina can respond, "Oh? Big plans?"

"Mmm, after Harvey's shift, we're all going to Cerberus's," Sabrina states.

Ambrose groans, sprawling himself over Sabrina and me, "How casually you can say that. Soon, Luke and I will be able to do the same."

I laugh, happy for Ambrose's overdramatic self to finally have a boyfriend, "Fun, but how's that gonna work?"

He sits up before smirking and bragging about his beau, "Luke has a connection with the High Priest. He's offered to speak with Father Blackwood on my behalf to get my conviction overturned."

"Ambrose, you're smitten," 'Brina chuckles, giving our cousin a sly wink. I hear a thundering and look around to see if anything fell down or if it was raining but didn't see anything. I shrug it off and direct my attention to the movie.

Aunt Zelda walks in frantically, looking around, "Where's your Aunt Hilda?"

"She's working at the bookstore, Aunt Zee. Remember, it's Black Friday", I remind her, knowing she doesn't care enough to learn about mortal holidays.

"It most certainly is not," she snaps.

Sabrina corrects her, "No, she means witches' Black Friday for mortals. It's the busiest shopping day of the year."

"It's also one of our busiest times," Aunt Zelda grimaces, "The Kemper bodies are already on their way, and Satan knows who else," she picks up the phone, snapping, "Spellman Mortuary, this is Zelda. No, we hadn't heard", she turns to us in worry, "There's been an accident down at the mines."

Sabrina and I look at each other at the same time thinking the exact same thing. Harvey is working in the mines. We both jump off the couch and run to the mines.

Aunt Zelda yells at us, "You can go. And pray to Satan; he's all right."

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

Sabrina and I both run to the scene. The mine entrance is full of firefighters and policeman but mostly people from Greendale trying to help out in any way they can. We run past the coal covered faces of the victims, looking for one auburn-haired boy in particular, who we still haven't found.

Sabrina is freaking out, "Hey, hey! I'm looking for Harvey Kinkle. Uh, who do I talk to about-Excuse me...Have you seen Harvey Kinkle? Excuse me. Have you seen Harvey Kinkle? He's got brown hair and..."

Sabrina frantically looks around, but I grab her when I finally see him. He notices us as well and runs to Sabrina and me, "Sabrina! Grace!"

Sabrina runs up to him and wraps her arms around him, giving him a quick kiss before pulling away, "Harvey! Oh, my gosh. Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you."