1.3

"Burned but not buried this time

I'm on trial, waiting 'til the beat comes out"

A few days have passed since the Dark Baptism mess and Aunt Zee in response has decided to give us the silent treatment. I have tried to get her to talk to Sabrina and I but she refuses. She wouldn't even look at us Saturday. Sabrina doesn't seem to care as much since she believes 'the entire church is corrupt and Aunt Zee has been brainwashed'. I don't really disagree with her but I still believe that we shouldn't be at odds like this.

It is Monday morning, and Sabrina and I are waking down to the kitchen ready for school since our Aunts decided that we should until we 'finally do the right thing'. I sit down, next to aunt Zelda who isn't looking up at us, "Morning."

Sabrina mumbles a 'good morning' as well, smiling at Ambrose and Aunt Hilda and giving a small smile to Aunt Zelda. 

"Oh, blessed morning, girls" Aunt Hilda walks up to us, handing us two plates of food/

"Morning cousins" Ambrose awkwardly says before looking at Aunt Zelda who is still ignoring us.

I lightly nudge Sabrina, nodding at Aunt Zee. She glares at me before sighing, "Please Aunt Zelda, are you never going to speak to us again?"

''You want me to speak?'' Aunt Zelda questions, folding her new paper. We are in for it. "Alright, I'll speak. You humiliated us in front of the entire coven, you dishonored the Spellman family name!"

Before I can stop her, Sabrina begins justifying our decision, "Father Blackwood lied, Aunt Zelda, he sat in our parlor and told us that we'd always have a choice, that our religion is based on free will, but in the woods, that was the exact opposite of free will."

"Beyond that, your refusal to sign the book of the beast goes directly against your Father's explicit wishes" Aunt Zelda snaps. I begin to think about how father was shaking his head at us that night.

"I'm not sure that's true either" Sabrina states. I didn't bother to correct Sabrina and tell her only our mom seemed to be telling us to run while daddy was shaking his head no. I didn't think it was the time and knew the thought may cause a fight between us, which was the last thing I needed.

"Sabrina" Aunt Hilda gasps.

"I'm sorry but in the woods, during the ceremony, we saw two figures who looked exactly like our mom and dad" Sabrina continues. "Like some sort of spectral vision?" Ambrose asks curiously.

"I'm not sure what...but they definitely didn't want us to sign the book of the beast...they wanted us to run" I look down, not wanting to be part of this. 

I did not want to sign the book and was happy with my choice but there was too much drama going on and I didn't want to be caught in the middle of it. I just wanted to stay as I was...even if that was a teenager half-witch who is part of two covens.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

Roz, Sabrina and I walk into the classroom that was holding the WICCA meeting. There were a few girls sitting in the room already who were talking to Susie. Susie turns around looking at us, smiling. "You guys, we were just talking...about how we've been waiting a long time for a group like this, and not just at Baxter High but in Greendale," she says with so much happiness and passion.

"Agreed...welcome one and all, to WICCA" Roz smiles and starts passing around a sign-in sheet. A knock on the door causes me to jump, I turn to see Mrs. Wardwell waltz in, "Sorry I'm late, girls"