1.2

"Because you're not a baby anymore. 

You've turned into the prettiest girl I've ever seen"

I move to sit down next to Sabrina. Father Blackwood waits patiently as I do so when he finally decides he can speak again he begins, "Now, your aunties tell me you have questions, about your baptism and such."

Sabrina and I give each other uneasy looks before I clear the lump forming in my throat so I can speak, "We do...but I'm not sure where to begin."

"Allow me", Blackwood says leaning back in the chair. I discreetly roll my eyes knowing we are about to get a classic Aunt Zelda lecture. I whisper to Sabrina, "Get comfy." Causing Sabrina to snort before she puts on her serious face muttering an apology and giving me a glare.

"A witch's dark baptism is our most sacred unholy sacrament, the oldest of our rituals, we've been performing them for centuries. Our dark lord's book, the book of the beast, is the most ancient tome in existence"

"About that, if we sign our names in the book of the beast, does that mean we're giving the dark lord dominion over our souls?" Sabrina asks him with an inquisitive look.

"That's one interpretation, but it's largely a symbolic gesture, as rituals in most religions are...what else?", Father Blackwood says almost as if his lines were rehearsed. I don't trust him and looking at Sabrina she doesn't either. I feel my phone vibrate and I ignore it knowing it was definitely not the time.

Sabrina shoots him another question, "Let's say...we do sign our names in his book, doesn't that mean he can call on us? to do his bidding?" I look at him curiously, knowing it is common for him to send witches on assignments especially in certain towns to do some hell-raising which is 'a necessary evil'.

"All religions demand some sacrifice, but signing your name is more like...a pledge, let's say, that you'll abide by his commandments...do you know you're thirteen commandments?" he asks leaning close to me. I move back slightly, not wanting to be next to him. I can almost smell the deviously his aura is letting out.

"We've taught them to them" Aunt Zelda cuts in proudly. "They've learned them by heart", Aunt Hilda smiles, always trying to lighten the mood.

I look at Father Blackwood with a frown, finally having the courage to voice my true concerns on the matter, "I'm not an evil person, father"

"We aren't", Sabrina corrects, stressing the point even more than I already was.

There is a long silence as Father Blackwood stares at us. I cower back in fear scared he is going to hurt me but before I can say something, everyone in the room laughs. I look at Sabrina confused but she just moves to hold my hand. That small movement though was enough to tell me she didn't know what was up either but she did not trust Father Blackwood or what he was telling us. I squeeze it in agreement.

"I am glad to hear it, neither am I, neither are your aunts," Blackwood tells us with a smile that almost meets his eyes.

I look at him confused, "but the devil..."

Father Blackwood's eyes darken at the statement and he immediately goes back to being serious, "the dark lord, yes?"

"He is the embodiment of evil", Sabrina finishes for me. 

"Incorrect", Blackwood states as if this is a quiz before sneering at the thought of the False God, "He is the embodiment of free will, good, evil, those words matter to the false god, but the dark lord is beyond such precepts,"