Chapter Nine - the tiger

(Picture of human Alura ignore the altean Shiro XD)

Shiro POV
I stay in the shadows, I check out the area then I see a girl hiding watching the tiger, her dagger is laced with something green, I sniff the air, terla root. It's a strong poison, she can kill the creature easily, Keith just has to stay safe, I can't show myself to the girl, her markings on her clothing shows that her people worship Demeter, the goddess of earth, Artemis the goddess of the moon and the hunt, her marks are on the girls dagger. I want keith to run for safety so badly, I'm feeling fear and it's awful. I'm powerless right now.

Keith POV
I blink when I hear a growl my eyes focus on the tiger in front of me, I take a step back to make some distance and crotch down slightly, I go to grab my knife but it's not there, I stare at the tiger as it stares at me, damn it, I should have been paying attention! The champion is clouding my thoughts, I can't let myself die, I could have avoided this, It's already so dark, I watch the tiger, it seems to be studying me, it's eyes are light yellow with slight blue, I watch as it moves closer, I don't move and wait for it to pounce.

The tiger crouched down and leaped, I move out of the way the moment the tiger moved to jump, I noticed the girl hiding in the shadows a little to late and I knock into her, she is holding up a dagger and it goes into my stomach, I gasp and I get off her as quickly as possible, when I stand up the dagger is sticking out of my stomach, damn... It burns so badly and the blood is running down my stomach. This isn't her fault.

I look at the girl to see fear in her dark brown eyes "Oh no, I'm so sorry!" she shouts looking down at the knife and I cover my mouth trying to stay calm o don't look back down at the dagger "I was going for the tiger" she says quietly but quickly, she grabs my arm and pulls me with her, after about a minute of trying to get away I hear a loud growl from the tiger, I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stick up and I shove her away onto the ground a distance away from me quickly and take the knife out of my stomach and turn around the moment the tiger lands on me knocking me onto the ground.

The tigers claws wrap around me sticking into my back and it's teeth go into my shoulder, I grit my teeth in pain and I stab the knife into the Tigers chest with all the strength I have left in my body, the tiger stops moving and it's grip loosens and the bite has less force, I push the now dead tiger off of me and I lay completely down panting trying to catch my breath, my body burns, I gasp for air as blood gushes from my wounds, I feel tears stream down my cheeks as I try to hold on.

The girl comes into my view, I look at her then up at the sky, she puts pressure on my stomach trying to stop the bleeding and I wince in pain "you're stupid! You could have just moved and let the tiger get me!" She shouts at me angry, I chuckle "I was already hurt" I say now feeling completely numb through my body now.

It starts to get dark even the moons light was starting to disappear from my view.

I can feel myself letting go.

Allura POV
I can't stop the bleeding, this is all my fault! I shouldn't have waiting for that tiger to attack I should have attacked first! He's going to die because of me, I look at his face and he's smiling looking up at the sky he whispers something "w-what?" I ask quietly and he says it again "a million dreams for the world we're going to make" he says and my eyes start to tear up, I look at his eyes, they are looking to the side at something and I see how they are glowing purple, a god?...

Shiro POV
I look over at him dying on the ground and see his eyes look at me and our eyes meet, I feel a loud beating slamming against my chest as I hold myself back, It's ripping me apart on the inside.

No....

(If you like this please leave a like and comment)