{ Acknowledgements }

5/11/18

Not even a single one of us can deny that we go through life making up our opinions about people without even knowing them. I am certainly no different. It's human to do so, but it is also human to try to be somebody else to please others. A lot of people struggle with that issue, even if nobody ever told them they had to. We want to be loved and accepted and way too often we might think that we can only get those two things by being someone else. Therefore, we put a mask on our face and put our own wishes behind other people's expectations.
For a lot of people that works out well, but for some people it does not. They may look cool and happy on the outside, but on the inside they are not. They are just like Rabastan and Phoenix, afraid that somebody would find out and make everyone else think they're a freak. That's when it becomes hard to get up in the morning and go through the day, acting like they are fine and just like everybody else, when they're not.
We never know what's truly behind someone's mask and it takes only very little to hurt somebody. Sometimes it's a stupid joke that's not even serious, sometimes it's rude words and sometimes it's loneliness. Not everything is obvious like a tsunami, where you can see the damage on the surface, but nothing happens down in the depths of the ocean. Usually it's quite the opposite really. While somebody smiles about the words or seems to ignore them, they might feel like a knife in the heart on the inside. It can destroy a person.
It's quite easy actually: words are a dangerous thing and can be more damaging than a real weapon.
Another thing that people do is thinking in stereotypes. The cool jocks and cheerleaders in high school movies, the boring nerds or the evil Slytherins. My goal with this story so far was to show you that we can never be sure that people are only one thing. Granted, most death eaters were once Slytherins, but they were not born as monsters. I believe that whatever we encounter in life shapes us into the person we are. Slytherins are not purely evil, perhaps Voldemort was, but their life might have made them go bad. I won't tell you to believe that, but think about it; can you ever be sure that somebody is really showing you their true face, if you don't know them and are people born evil or mean?
A wise man once said "We've all got light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." I'm pretty sure all of you know who I'm talking about. Sirius Black. Personally I think those are really wise words.
I don't try to justify evil actions, not at all. I feel like we should choose kindness over being mean, but in general I think we can never know what made people who they are today. We don't know what battles they are fighting behind closed doors or how they feel.
So be kind, always.

Thank you

Wow, I can't believe that it's been ten months and five days already since I published the prologue to this book. Honestly, at first it was nothing but an experiment if I would be able to write in a language that's not my first language. Somehow I managed although there must have been tons and tons of mistakes (sorry). I never thought anyone would want read it, but in the past months I've received so much positive feedback that warmed my heart and made me feel like I was doing something right.
I have actually never finished a story, so that's a big first for me and I don't know what to write here. Of course Phoenix' journey is not over yet, although all of you might hate me for arranging that Jack and her should get married. There will be at least one more book with fluff, drama and more information about why Crystal hates her or what her powers are all about. I hope you're as excited as I am.
Nonetheless I don't think I could have finished this book without the following people:

livlaas : Thank you so much for encouraging me from the start. You had to listen to me rambling on about Phoenix and her friends and problems times and times again, but you never once complained or looked at me like I was crazy. It means the world to me how you supported me and my writing. You're amazing!
JunaScamander : You had so much trust in me and warmed my heart with your excitement for this story. I haven't talked to you in a while, but I want you to know that it means a lot and I really appreciate it. Thank you so much!
zzoiewinters : Thank you for all of your kind words and encouragement. It helped me a lot, even though you might not even have realised it. I'm so grateful to know you. Thanks!
_A_Roselyn_ : Your excited comments about Rabastan and Phoenix on the last few chapters meant more to me than you can imagine. I love to see how you seem to care about this story and the characters. Thank you so much for voting, commenting and inspiring me!
leonie2402 : In your comments on the last few chapters you didn't even have to write a full sentence to make me smile. I loved to read every single one of them and see how you seem to like Phoenix. It truly means a lot. Thank you too for all of your comments, votes and inspiration to write the last chapters faster than I've ever written before.
cIeopatras : A huge thank you for the amazing cover. I absolutely love it and I really appreciate the time you spent on creating it.

Also a huge thanks to all the other people who voted and commented and to the silent readers. I understand that some of you don't comment and/or vote, but I still like to hear from you, which is why I wanted to address a more personalised - and kind of cheesy - thank you to the few people that inspired me recently, although I'm not a real author. Because every single word and vote means a lot to me. So thank you all!

Oceans Apart

I simply have to assume that all of you are as excited for the sequel(s) as I am, which is why I want to inform you of a few things. As you can see above, the second part is going to be called 'Oceans Apart' and it's going to start during the summer holidays of Phoenix' sixth year, where she struggles with her engagement with Jack and still can't quite forget about how she felt with Rabastan by her side.
Let's just say there's again going to be quite a bit of drama. 

The Sequel will be republished tomorrow, on Christmas and from then on I'll try to edit 'Oceans Deep' at the same time as I write new chapters for 'Oceans Apart'. I hope you're all as excited as I am for Rabastan and Phoenix' story to continue.

See you

So again, thank all of you so much for reading this story. Although 12k reads might be nothing to some people. It's a huge number for me and it means the world.

I hope to hear from you all in the sequel, in my private messages or on my message board. Just text me if you'd like to chat for a bit.
I love you. Please take care of yourself.

Always, Enya