Chapter 1: Good Morning! Good Morning!

"Macca," John's voice poured in through my ears like honey, "come on you've gotta wake up. We gotta be to the recording studio by nine." I didn't want to open my eyes, I just wanted John to lull me back to sleep with his hoarse voice. I heard John let out an elongated gasp, which was my cue to get my arse out of bed.

"Mmm, babe, would you mind getting a cupa ready while I get ready?" I thought this would work as it usually did, but John gently shot back.

"Now, darling, every time you tell me to do that, you just go straight back to bed. Come on now."

I agreed and slowly got out of bed. My knees crackled as a I stumbled out of bed. God, I may feel and act thirty, but really, fifty seven was no heyday.

As I stammered out into the kitchen I gave a quick glance at the picture layering the walls. Lovely Linda, maybe she's thinking of me. Happy seeing John and I so comfortable. Ahh, Georgie, I'd better call him later.

I got a little too into thinking about friends and family alike to notice John awkwardly standing there with my cup of tea. Or what I thought was mine. As I reached out for it he quickly pulled it back spilling a little on himself.

"Be careful Johnny cake," I managed to get out between giggles.

"Well, Macca, what made you think it was yours?"

"Whatever happened to romance," I jokingly said with a Brooklyn accent. I sat down almost at the same time John did.

"So, how ya doin', babe? Good dreams?" John didn't usually ask this question, but ever since Linda had died I kept having strange dreams. They kept reminding me of cruel things I had done to Linda.

"I'm fine, my dreams are getting better for the most part. I got one that reminded me of that time I threatened to kick Linda out of the band and-," I looked up to see Johns worried face, "But, that's okay. Really, I'm fine," I reached across the table to grab John's hand, "I want to marry you." I have no clue what made me say it, but I never knew my cheeks could get so hot.

"I want to marry you too, but the laws"

"Ugh, the laws. What the hell, do we have to sing 'All You Need is Love' to the whole world to make them understand that banning us from getting married won't change a damn thing?"

"Well, it could help," something was off about John. He hadn't made a single smart quip yet. But, if something's wrong with John, he doesn't want to be asked about it.

The rest of that breakfast was full of I love yous and careless pecks. That all had to end when we looked up to see the clock say eight thirty.

"Christ Paul, we gotta get goin'," with those words we jumped up and stormed out the door and into our new- well new old 1960′s Corvette. I decided to drive since I was a way better driver than Johnny cake.

When we entered the studio we were greeted with a smiling Ringo.

"Hey, lovebirds, what took so long?" poor Ringo, we had him waiting here for thirty minutes.

"We were just havin' some fun, weren't we, Macca?"

"Sure thing," John and I played with Ringo's nerves some more by putting our lips close together and whispering soft nothings before getting into a soft passionate kiss. Boy, I've never seen those ears of his get so red.

"Ok, boys, time to record."