Chapter 14: It's Only Love

John's POV

I stepped inside the large house and greeted Barbara; Ringo's wife.

"Oh, John what are you doing here," I could feel Ringo staring at me as I quickly made up a lie.

"Oh you know, boys night out. Rhythm part of the band has to be chill with each other," I knew it. Women can smell a lie from a mile away. Even though she's made quite the name in the acting profession, I can tell that she doesn't believe me.

"Hey, their showing re-runs of Monty Python out 'ere. You can join me if you want," Ringo's throaty voice hollered out from the living room. Barbara just smiled and waved as I walked over to a small couch and felt my eyes get heavier and heavier...
.................................................................
Paul's POV

I woke up on the couch to find the T.V still blaring and George clinging to my shoulder. I chose not to wake him up and just watched the sun rise. John used to watch the sun rise with me when we had time. Crap. I can't think about John, that bastard. I clenched my fist around the fabric of the couch and tried to forget about yesterday. Yesterday all my troubles did not seem so far away, I can tell you that.

Suddenly, I heard the phone ring. It woke Geo up and I felt his hand moving away from my shoulder. I quickly get up and answer it.

"Hullo?"
.................................................................
Ringo's POV

I heard a little greeting from Paul on the other line. His voice was always so lovely.

"Hi Paul, It's m-"

"Ringo?! Did John go over to your place? Look, tell him that I don't want to see him for a while and that-" Ringo cut me off.

"Listen Paul, and don't talk until I finish. John didn't anything wrong. It's just a misunderstanding, look we'll come over to your house for coffee and John will explain it all."

"I'm, ok, what time?"

"We'll head out in about a half an hour."

"Okay, see you then," Paul's voice was suddenly shaky before I heard the phone click. This was all too much.

Yes, I had feelings for Paul, but now I've accepted that as just a mere day dream of a thirteen year old girl. I'm still madly in love with Barbara and I can't ruin anything for the Lennon-McCartney family.
.................................................................
Paul's POV

I felt my eyes tear up as I set the phone down. I made John leave, I made him yell, and all of it was for nothing. Just a misunderstanding. God, I'm stupid.

By now I was full on crying. I heard George get up and he put his hand on my shoulder. I eyed it.

"Paul? What's wrong?"

"It's John. I'm awful. They're coming over for coffee soon," George gave me a perplexed look and walked me back over to the couch. He didn't tell me to vent, or meditate. All he did was tell me to let it all out and remind me of old times. The time when we accidently killed two pet spiders named Jimmy and Jammima and were too scared to admit it. All the times we danced in small corners of dance halls because we were too afraid to ask girls to dance. Oh, and that one time we thought that a young mysterious John was gonna kill us because we looked at him for ten whole seconds on a bus. I couldn't understand why he was bringing this up now, but I wasn't going to stop him.

We jumped at a knock on the door and instantly stood up and spread out. I opened the door as George made the coffee. Here we go.