Chapter 20: My Sweet Lord.

"Why have you called us all here, Geo?" My voice cracked in anxiousness.

"I have something very important to tell you all," we all leaned in.

"I have cancer," I gasped and leaned on John for comfort as Ringo stared on speechless, "but, don't worry about me. It is only my body that is dying. My souls move on to a higher plane of existence, we all know that," no amount of meditation could prepare me for that bombshell. I felt unconscious tears stream down my face.

"I love you," I sputtered, "like you are my second younger brother. Believe me George, you won't have to worry about being reincarnated here. You will go on to bigger and better things."

Sobs filled the room as Olivia joined us, hugging her husband. She had already known, but the idea of never quite seeing us all for another meal in a while got to her. She could never listen in on another meaningless jam session with is all there soon.

"Wait," I heard John shout, "What if he gets through this. Cancer doesn't quite mean death."

"John is right," we all looked up and stared at him, "It's curable. I'm certain I'll survive. But, it's a long process," Olivia gasped.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She questioned firmly. Dhani slowly entered the room after hearing the sobs.

"I don't know. I was going to, but... I just didn't get around to it," Olivia nodded in understanding. Olivia was so understanding. George was very lucky to have a gal like her.

"Dad, what's going on," the room grew silent around Dhani.

"I have cancer, Dhani. But, it's curable," George looked up at his dear son, "so, you don't have to worry about little old me," he gave out a laugh that said, you might have to worry about little old me.

The rest of the night, we looked at old scrapbooks while drinking coffee to keep us up late. When was time to leave, we all told George how much we loved him, and how much we wished him to survive.

The ride back was much too awkward to live through. I wanted to jump out the window. John was still crying into his hands, as I let the tears run down my face.