Chapter 29

And we're still in Newt's point of view 😂:

"What the bloody hell is that?" I shield my eyes from the sand as a shadow forms over us.

A metal structure breaks through the dust it stirred, hovering only twenty feet above the ground. It's big and loud with a Metallic sound that reminds me of the maze. The word Wicked is printed across the bottom of it in black letters with some numbers on it, I'm assuming they identify the plane number, if you can even call that monstrosity a plane. It can probably fit four planes in it alone. Blinking red lights flash on its top and there's two large engines making a low thrum as they keep it floating above the ground.

A hatch opens near the bottom, causing me to cover my face from the blinding light. Men in all black emerge. I can't see their faces because they're wearing masks and they all have weapons. I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion. We haven't reached the safe haven yet and we haven't run out of time, so why are they coming for us? I crane my neck to see behind them and then the blood drains from my face. A stretcher. They're gonna take her! I run towards Minho, standing in front of him.

"Whatever you do, don't let her go! They're gonna shucking take her Tommy!"

At that the gladers form a pact around Minho. There's no way we can fight them off but then yet there's no way I'm going to sit back while they take Carly.

It doesn't even phase them. The lead solider comes right up to me. So close we're almost touching.

"Stand down." He says it calmly but there's a hint of annoyance in his voice.

I squint my eyes at him in reply.

"What do you want with her?" Aris asks from my left causing me to clench my jaw, my teeth grinding together in anger.

"We have orders from headquarters and we intend to full-fill those orders."

"And if we resist?" I growl.

"Our orders were to get the girl. At any means necessary," he eyed the group, "I think she'd rather have you all alive than waking up to find blood on her hands."

"What are you saying? You'd kill us?" Aris asks shocked. I give him a warning look with my eyes, but I keep my attention on the guards. How dare he act as though he knows Carly! He doesn't know anything about her.

"How would killing us be Carly's fault?" Aris continues.

"Hey, kid. Shut the hell up would you?" Minho yells.

The guard sighs before pressing a button on a his wrist, "Move in. If anyone resists do not hesitate to take them down."

They push past us, advancing towards Minho. Putting a gun up to his face, they force him to lay her out on a stretcher, before wheeling her Back towards the aircraft.

I run after them, panic overwhelming me but they shut the door by the time I make it with my stupid limp.

It takes off and speeds into the darkening sky just as fast as it came, with me falling to my knees in my failed attempt.

"This is good right? She'll get help now?" Aris asks dumbly behind me.

My blood boils, "Good? You think everything thats happened is good? Tell me what's good about what just bloody happened huh?" I whip my head to look at him, slowing getting off the ground.

"Well they're gonna help her. She won't die." He shrugs.

"And how the Shuck do you know that! Have they ever told us the truth about anything?! Anything! And even if they do save her life, will they give her back. Are we supposed to be forever grateful that they saved her life but took her away. They could of just gotten us out of this mess but they split us up even farther! They took our family away again!" I spit, my face becoming red from the growing anger. The other Gladers are bouncing on the balls of their heels. I can tell that they're trying to decide whether or not they want to help or leave us to figure it out ourselves. I really help they choose the ladder.

"You don't know they aren't bringing her back. Besides that just saves more food for us and if they have her, we will see her in headquarters."

"What did you say?" I clench my fists at his response.

"I just think it's a good thing they took her."

"That's it! I wanted to kill you the second you looked at Carly, but now, you're gonna wish I did!" I lunge at him, both of us toppling to the ground and rolling around. He takes a few hits at me but I'm so angry I can't tell if he made contact or not.

Grabbing him, I place punch after punch on his skin until Thomas pulls me off, "That's enough Newt. You seriously gotta stop doing this, what's up with you?"

"What's up with me?" I shove him, "What's up with you! They took your sister Mate!"

"There was nothing either one of us could have done. You know she would've gone with them if she had the chose."

"That's not the point!"

Tommy looks from me to Aris clutching his face on the sand. His breaths are heavy and uneven but he isn't trying to come at me.

He shakes his head before kicking the kid in the stomach. Leaning close down to his face he whispers in his ear, "Touch her again, and I won't stop him. In fact, Minho and I will join. And it won't end fast." He kicks him again causing Aris to spit up blood

Author's Note:

Hey guys I know I've been really inactive lately and that my writings been shitty but I got a new job and they have me scheduled pretty much every day of the week and when I do write I'm really tired so it sounds awful. I'm really sorry about that and I'm going to try to make it better for you and to post more frequently.