✧ Shower. ✧

Eddie's toes flinched upon the numbing tiles and his fingers jumped a little as they clasped around the metal, cold shower faucet and the freezing water began to trickle weakly across his skin. He let out a harsh breath, leaning against the glass in the dark room. He was scared of what the lights might show. Turning them on would only reveal that the damage was worse than how he felt.

Venom was good. Great, in fact. Able to heal the worst parts, but even Venom was tired from that ordeal.

Besides, angst in the dark felt more appropriate.

The pipes spluttered feebly as if coughing up something in their throat, and a new rush of hot water was forced over Eddie. The water pushed his eyes closed and clung to his sweaty face. A strange dullness, a limbo, overtook his mind. He was too tired for this bullsh*t.

"Venom..."

There was a slight, exhausted and reluctant stir within, but no reply.

With a turn of Eddie's head, he looked at the reflection of the symbiote in the glass. Against the dark of the room, all Eddie could really make out was the skinny, pointed eyes and the glint of a few needle teeth.

The reporters' lips parted a bit, and a deep inhale filled his chest,

"What was that?"

"I think we should leave while we still can, Eddie."

"What was that?" Eddie repeated, used to asking questions more than once.

Eddie found himself heaving in again, but more as if this was Venom doing so, and the symbiote had a mix of concern and anger within his reflection.

"He's called Carnage. He isn't even wanted on our homeworld. He's that bad."

Eddie scrunched his eyes and banged his fist against the glass of the shower, the wall shook and Venom's appearance flicked in and out of his vision within the pitch-black room.

"There were bodies f*cking everywhere."

"Yes. We are lucky ours wasn't one of them."

The continuous pelting of water after the continued amount of silence began to sting upon his raw skin. Eddie couldn't believe what he was hearing, expression changing from enraged to tearing up. Back and forth like a pendulum.

"We... Ran away. We couldn't have saved everyone, but still... A few lives make a difference."

"You are mine, Eddie. I will always put us first."

Eddie yelled a slur of rage-filled words at Venom, but also at himself. 

Because he was thankful. He was thankful to Venom. When he looked at the symbiote in the reflection he wanted to see red. To see Carnage. To be able to know all the symbiotes were the same. But they weren't. And he'd do the same if Venom was in danger. 

⊱ ────── {⋅. ◦ ✧ ◦ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Thanks for reading! uwu

If you left a fav that would mean the world!! 

Honestly, I'm just freaked for Carnage in Venom 2. 

Hope to make more!! xx