✧ Crying over spilt milk. ✧

Request from @MeowImACatYup :

"How about going out in public. Some funny but cute story???"

⊱ ────── {⋅. ◦ ✧ ◦ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Eddie ran his hands through his hair. A pair of narrow, black eyes watched him curiously through the reflection, narrowed into slits. It had been a gruelling past few months and he could finally breathe now that this particularly tedious case had been solved; with a paycheck thrown in. It'd be a big one.

"We are hungry, Eddie." Venom was impatient.

Eddie could feel the symbiote awakening, and the ripple inside of his mind and stomach, "Yep, yep. I'm aware..." Under his breath, he added: "Not a big revelation or anything, you're hungry 24/7." He felt Venom's warm, but tar-like, black body wrapping loosely around his neck, and let out a soft purr.

"Can we have..." The reporter felt Venom slip around inside his memories, thinking for an instance and pausing as if looking at the invisible menu of snacks, "Something fatty..."

"It'll be dead, but sure."

Eddie could hear Venom sigh in his mind a with a heavy, defeated tone, "I know, Eddie, you always tell me..."

"But I mean... If we see some bad guys?"

Eddie was very slow to say the sentence, but he wanted to please Venom as well.

Venom's mass prickled and he felt excited chills run down his spine on behalf of Venom's eagerness.

~

The light rain began halfway through the walk to the store, the few drops landing on Eddie's hair, but nothing damaging to his hairstyle. It was a beautiful evening. Humid weather, the common car churning up the remains of a strong rainstorm on the road and the patient drizzle still barely remaining. The air always was clearer after a shower.

Mrs Chen seemed happier – so far she hadn't brought up the visit a few nights ago, where Venom had eaten the head off some scumbag.

"Afternoon, Mrs Chen, is your wart treatment going okay?" He questioned tongue-in-cheek, trying to play it cool, testing the waters, – which he full well knew could be so boiling hot his flesh melted off.

She looked up from her magazine.

"Better than your STD is," She quipped, avoiding looking at Eddie by continuing her read, "There is a restock of Instant Noodles in the back, you better grab them before they run out again."

Eddie nodded in agreement, a little disappointed in Mrs Chen's reaction but he tucked his hands into the warmth of his jumpers pocket and turned to walk towards the deli.

"We are so hungry..."

He grabbed a pack of uncooked bacon, his thumb pressing into the thin, almost unnoticeable plastic. The hunk of meat – himself – bent down to move aside the stacks of untouched food and grab a package of lamb chops.

"Eddie..!"

"Hold on for a bit lon-"

Venom's mass formed from Eddie's back and rocketed after something and the reporter went flying back into an isle, "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-," smacking into the cartons of milk and juice.

He heard a yelp, snapping of bones and gulp as well as the sound of food and drink sploshing and clattering on the tiled ground.

"What the f*ck did you just eat? What the f•ck is wrong with you?" Eddie screamed, whipping around to face Venom's head, which fur and blood pooled in, and dribbled a quickly congealing texture out gaps between the sinister teeth.

It was so strange to hear this hulking beast – bulletproof skin and cruel, curved, unblinking eyes and those teeth. Those teeth. The scent of a rodents blood and corpses' remains thrust upon his face when each suffocating breath from the symbiote – it was so strange to hear those crying words.

Venom's voice cracked and broke up – nearly into tears. It was just a whimper, the eyes looking down, unable to look in its hosts' direction, "I'm sorry, Eddie."

"Quit- Ugh," Eddie stumbled, no longer angry, his symbiote doing something similar to crying, bobbing its head up and down as it trying to hide a sob, "It's okay, V, no use crying over spilt milk..." He then turned around and shouted out,

"Mrs Chen! There's a pretty big mess, can I get a mop to clean it up? Sorry..!"

He heard the sassy smack of lips from the shop owner, shaking her head in friendly disbelief. She walked down the aisle with the mop, barely, barely, stopping when she saw Venom. Continuing with her eyes away from the black head, with a confident ignorance she stared Eddie in the eyes, pretending the symbiote wasn't there.

"Keep your pet under control next time, Mr Brock."

"Yes, ma'am," Eddie said, striking a playful salute.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ◦ ✧ ◦ .⋅} ────── ⊰

snassy mrs chen is best mrs chen

Tysmmmm you guys for 2k reads and the nice comments :OOOO

AND 55+ VOTES IM SHOOKETH