✧ Breakfast. ✧

There was a suffocating stutter and splutter from Eddie's throat as he choked on a build-up of smoke, forcing him awake.

The ceiling above, as he rolled his aching neck back to look up, was not right. There was no creaky air-vent, or signature pink – turned white over time – gum that always was there when he turned over in his bed every morning. No. 

It was the kitchen ceiling.

There was a slight draft around his legs. His head snapped up and looked down to find himself with the ugly, floral patterned doona wrapped around his back like a stand-up burrito. Eddie sucked in a sharp breath and slowly, carefully, peered down the flowery tortilla. At seeing the band of his underwear, he relaxed his jaw in relief. 

"What... the f*ck is going on?" – was the second priority check.

"You are awake, Eddie?" Venom's disembodied voice carried through his mind. Eddie's hand clenched under Venom's control on the frying pan and gave it another violent jolt from side to side to try and even out the heat for the contents on top.

"You know goddamn well when I am awake. And when I'm not. So what the hell do you think you are doing?!"

It wasn't necessarily the smoke or the fact that something was burning. It was the idea that Venom had been using his body without him knowing.

If he let this go, who knows what else the symbiote might do?

"Making breakfast... Clearly, Eddie."

Venom sounded hurt a little, unsure as to why Eddie was upset by the attempt at a well-meaning gesture.

"You're telling me these burnt turds are meant to be eggs?!"

"They are not turds, Eddie. They are indeed eggs."

The head of Venom quickly appeared in front of him, and pressed its black forehead against Eddie's furrowed one, "And they're our breakfast."

The vomit-inducing blended stench of sizzling oil, smoke and very, very overcooked eggs engulfed the kitchen. Eddie felt his eyes water at the close proximity of the pan.

"There is no way in hell that they are edible."

Eddie flung out his arms in disgust and tried to step back and regain control of his body. Instead – as the attempt had failed –, he flipped the pathetic congealment-like textured blob of egg right over the edge of the frying pan, sliding their grease-covered bodies into the flames below. The fire quickly went out – doused – but not before the egg chunks managed to send small sparks flying all through the air and crack under the heat.

He felt the symbiote bristle in offense and watched helplessly as he scooped the eggs up with a soup spoon that was hastily grabbed from the cutlery drawer.

The hot mass dripped profusely within the plate, wallowing in its own grease.

"I cannot eat this, Venom," Eddie's voice becoming much more uncertain and close to begging. Venom inability to cook could only end in literal torture.

Venom's goodwill quickly dissipated, his new tone becoming demanding and hissy.

The black head bared its teeth, opening them more than enough to show the multiple rows and snarling like a large animal giving a warning.

"Just eat it you little sh*t."

Venom was clearly offended.

~

"It's good!" Venom growled boastfully, as he tasted the barely-able-to-be-called 'eggs' through Eddie. The symbiote didn't try to hide the large grin, looking at Eddie as if he'd proven his point.

"Oh yeah, scrumptious-" Eddie spat sarcastically, but he was silenced as another heaping forkful of wobbling crisp was shoved into his mouth.

"You're too high maintenance," Venom complained.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ◦ ✧ ◦ .⋅} ────── ⊰

HOLY FRICK!! Tysm you guys for 660+ views!! :O

An extra thanks to those who voted or added this to one of their reading lists!! It means an incredible bunch to know you guys care about what I wrote!!

Remember, requests are open. (Just go to the request "chapter".) <3