✧ Happier. ✧

"We are going out."

"I'm working."

"You haven't left the house in three days. I'm sick of Happy Meals..." Venom hissed, seething.

No longer in control of his own body, Eddie found himself swiveling around and walking up to the toaster to peer at his reflection in the metal finish.

"You look like sh*t. It ruins my reputation."

"I can only see you, parasite," Eddie growled, looking at Venom in the reflection, who was scowling back at him. Eddie tried to turn away, tired, grumpy and just wanting to finish his work. Unsuccessful, his head snapped back to continue glaring at the toaster.

To any stranger – perhaps that man across the road who Eddie had continually caught watching him with binoculars – the reporter would've have looked deranged, that or he was just scolding his toaster.

"Symbiote," Venom corrected, overlooking Eddie's intentional misspeak to continue the task at hand, "And I say we look like sh*t."

"This scoop is going to get us all the junk food we want, Venom," Eddie paused, choosing his words carefully, "Just give me some more time. I'm on a roll at the moment."

"Your body will expire if we do not take a break. I really don't need the hassle of finding another host."

~

Perhaps it was the muffled conversation of cars, the churning, steel-gray clouds, or the half-moon that Eddie's skin shone under. Maybe even the sparse – yet still noticeable – touch of rain through Venom's black skin. Something, something there at that moment, made him no longer angry.

While it was tight within his chest, and Eddie physically struggled – which was no surprise, the normal physic of a human does not go leaping over buildings –, with the help of Venom, he enjoyed it.

The smoggy air felt suffocatingly thin across the rooftops, and his arms twisted, fingers clenching every time he landed or lunged for the stone edge of a building, fearing he'd never get a good hold. One slip was all it took to be devoured by the hungry, white-eyed cars far, far below.

Venom's power ebbed through him. He could feel the symbiote crawling and slinking through his veins and his own skin writhing underneath the black cover of Venom. It felt beautiful to be in symbiosis. Every breath he took was only at the will of Venom. He was Venom.

"Happier, Eddie?" The symbiote asked with little snarky intent, more closely sounding to a pet looking for acknowledgment.

The pair rested on the edge of a tall apartment building. Eddie felt like jumping. He longed to see lights flash past him and the sounds stretch and whisper in his ears.

They slowly twiddled their legs back and forth, dangling them over the edge of certain death, like a little child sitting on edge of a pond, marveling at the tiny fish.

At the horrid mesh of low life below Eddie's feet.

"Yes..."

There was a rushed pulsing all through their body and around Eddie's hands he felt Venom's surrounding mass squeezing him tightly, holding his hands.

"Good."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ◦ ✧ ◦ .⋅} ────── ⊰

QwQ Hurt one of my fingers in P.E. It's all swollen and the joint is kinda purple, writing took a bit longer than it normally would...

Anyway, hope you liked reading this piece of fluff!! xx