✧ Christmas. ✧

"Eddie.

Eddie.

Eddie, wake up!"

"What-?" Eddie groaned – his voice a very annoyed and tired whimper –, turning over in bed and keeping his eyes shut, – which were stuck together with sleep and tiredness –, Eddie blindly reached for the warm, thick doona that had fallen from the bed, leaving him exposed to the cold, crisp air of an apartment with a broken heater and a snowy outside.

"It's Christmas. The calendar decrees it!"

Eddie burrowed his head under his pillow, breathing in heavily, his stomach pressed against the mattress and sheets, "Five minutes, love."

"Okay. But if you take any longer than that, I get to eat someone's head." Eddie heard the grin through the words and lifted the pillow a little to spy the electronic clock.

"Fine, fine. I'm getting up, you happy?" He wasn't going to take that risk, Eddie slowly rose up from the bed, rubbing his eyes and pulling his fingers down his face, letting out an exhausted whine. In a zip-zap-zoop Venom stretched it's black tendrils over the room and snapped back with Eddie's slippers and dressing-gown.

~

"F*ck!" Eddie cursed as he saw three birds pulling apart his pantry, "I left the goddamn window open..! Shoo! Shoo! Piss off!" Eddie danced around, kicking at the pests, trying to hurry them away from the mess of crumbs they'd made.

Zwip. One bird gone.

"V!" Eddie shrieked, repulsed.

"It's Christmas, Eddie. You'll have no choice but to forgive me."

Eddie covered his face with his hands, as he heard Venom finish off the other two.

After a minute, he felt Venom's face nuzzle against his fingers.

Trying not to take in the stench of blood, "I'd probably forgive you no matter what day it was, love."

"I know, Eddie. Now open your gift." Venom gave a smile – which would be sinister to those who didn't know them – and snatched a gift from under the small Christmas tree.

Eddie held the gift in his hand, clearly, it was packaged in a cardboard box of some sort, but the wrapping on the outside was still a heaping mess. Two different types of decorative paper were used and scrambled together with black duct tape. 

Eddie pulled away the tape, opened up the cardboard flaps, looked inside the box, and then closed it immediately.

"Do you know what it is, Eddie? It's a-"

"I know what it is!" Eddie blurted, his face covered with much more than a dusting of red.

"We will use it later tonight, a Christmas special..." Venom purred his teeth and smile wide and keen.

"W-we'll see..." Eddie spluttered, extremely embarrassed. He wiped his hand across his mouth, sweating a little... He didn't not like the gift.

"Now, mine, Eddie!" Venom screeched, his black mass quivering in excitement. Eddie had identified that as the peak of joy for a symbiote, like a cat's purr, it could often be seen in the bedroom. Venom's head and the attachment to the reporter's shoulder that it grew from seemed to be made from small moving tendrils, and they now pumped rapidly like veins.

"Here, love," Eddie turned around to pick up something from the counter. Before he could even place it before Venom, tiny wisps of black had snatched it away and were rattling it from side to side. Quickly, the ribbon was pulled off and Venom pulled out a handful of small slivers of paper.

"What are these, Eddie?" The symbiote held all the little slips up to read them.

"They're coupons. They'll get us free stuff, or discounts at the least. Domino's, Mrs Chen's shop, the fish-market, and a heap of other places. You can use them whenever you want, for whatever you want."

"Let's use them now, Eddie!" Venom quickly wrapped itself around its lover's neck, squeezing lightly and warmly, still looking over its choices.

The hug-receiver signed humorously, "I knew I'd regret giving you this much power. After lunch, we can go do some shopping, 'kay love?" Eddie put his hand over his symbiote-scarf and bent his neck to give a gentle forehead,-but-not-actually-the-forehead,-just-the-general-mass-of-Venom kiss.

"And I got made you something else too," Eddie said, pulling out from under the sink cabinet a snowglobe. When Venom turned it over, inside of the slowly falling heart-shaped glitter pieces was a tiny sculpture of Venom and Eddie in symbiosis.

"We look good, Eddie."

"It took a while, but I think the end product worth it." Eddie gave the snowglobe a gentle shake and handed it back to Venom who stared at it with scary intensity, holding it like a mother cradles its baby.

After a moment of watching Venom enjoy the gift, which was just such a fuzzy feeling, Eddie started to make breakfast.

"I love you, Venom."

"We know." Venom looked up from the snowglobe, "And we will always love you, Eddie."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ◦ ✧ ◦ .⋅} ────── ⊰

A bit of a late Christmas Special, but I hope you can enjoy it anyways!! I've got a few requests lined up, so hopefully, I can churn those out soon!! :D

I'm so grateful to y'all for reading my trashy writing!! A slightly late Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!!!

 🎉 SERIOUSLY WE ARE OVER 100 VOTES IM D E A D  💕 🎉