✧ Sandals and socks. ✧

"You're wearing socks with sandals?!" Venom cried out in distress as if all hope was lost. Eddie could see his symbiotes' whining face in the bathroom mirror's reflection.

"Lay off," Eddie grunted, his voice muffled in toothpaste and the rushed brushing motion making his words slur together.

"It's too early, Eddie," Venom whinged. His normally scowling expression turned whiny and childish. "Let's go back to bed..."

A black limb, a single finger, brushed at his face eagerly and hopefully.

"No. You know how important this interview is," Eddie scorned, frowning at the figure in the mirror as he flung his toothbrush back into its container and spat out the toothpaste.

"If this interview is so important, why have the sandals not been de-socked?"

"When we come back I'll put some Tator's in the oven," Eddie muttered to shut the symbiote up. He was reluctant since TV dinners had been the only dinners for the past month, but he too enjoyed a good Tate and Tot now and then.

He was returned with a toothy grin and a "good."

Eddie flung open the rickety door and stepped out into the kitchen with a dance-like step. With Venom no longer grumbling, he felt lighter and less opposed. He slapped together his day bag, a sandwich slathered with mayo, his phone, his wallet, and notepad – which held a large number of unwanted and nosy questions.

"And keys," Venom reminded, finishing Eddie's mental list. He sounded rather reluctant to say so as if unsure it was his position to remind Eddie of these kinds of things. It was more something a partner did. Venom extended out a tendril to the keys on the counter and it snapped back like a measuring tape snaps back into its measuring tape shell.

"Thanks, snappin' turtle," Eddie hummed happily as the keys quickly slipped into the eternal pit, where no object could ever be reached within basic human flexibility – that back pocket of his jeans.

"Whatever, p*ssy. I just want my Tater Tots."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ◦ ✧ ◦ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Very different from the last chapter! xD

My writing changes a lot depending on whether it's angst or fluff.

Thanks for reading! <3