10

"You ready to start the day?" I asked Louis as we walked to my hummer.

"Yes. I'm so ready to do all of this!"

"You have your checks right?"

"Yes." Louis nodded. "I made sure to take them and put them in my book bag when I left home yesterday."

"Good." I nodded. "We are going to the bank first.

I then turned up the radio and headed there.

In no time, we were walking in.

"Hello, how may I help you?" a banker lady asked as they came into the waiting room we had just walked into.

"Hi, I'm here to help set Louis up with a bank account."

"Okay, follow me." the woman smiled.

We then sat at her desk.

"Is Louis 17 or younger?" she asked.

"I'm 18." he answered.

"Oh, okay. So this isn't a joint account between teen and parent?"

"Parent? No." I said shaking my head quickly.

"Okay." she chuckled as she pulled out some forms. "Just fill this out Louis so we can get started."

He did just that.

"Alright." she spoke after he handed it back to her. "Do you have any money to put into your account?"

"Yes." he spoke and handed her the checks.

"Put $400.00 into his savings, $100.00 into his checking, and $550.00 into cash."

"Okay." she nodded and did just that after Louis said yes that's what he wanted to do. "Pick what debit card design you want." she added to Louis before she left to get the cash.

"Why do I need that much cash?"

"It's your rent for the first month of living with me. You will pay $550.00 at the beginning of every month. So, since it's the beginning of March, I decided to take it now."

"Oh, okay." he said as he looked over the debit card designs.

When the lady came back and gave me the cash, Louis told her that he wanted the cloud design.

"You got it." she nodded. "But here is a temporary card. We will send you the card of your choice in the mail."

"Okay, thank you."

"Well boys, that's it. Have a nice day."

"You too." I smiled.

We then got up and left for the mall.

"You know Harry, you don't have to do all this."

"Well, I want to. I want to help you out."

"Well, thank you."

"No problem."

Soon we were at the mall and walking to the phone store.

In no time, I bought him an iPhone 8 plus and we were then on our way to the clothing stores. To get Louis to shut up about me paying for so much, I made him buy us both lunch. I of course ordered the cheapest thing on the menu.

He needs his money.

At the end of the mall trip, we went to the DMV and got his license.

So, the first thing I told him his savings account is going to buy, is a car. He needs that more than a place to live. He's got Ed and I's place for now.

After the day was finally done, he came home to a perfectly decorated bedroom that Ed had been working on all day. When we were gone, Ed agreed to spice up our back room we use for a library to be Louis' bedroom.

Louis loved it so much he almost cried.

I was happy for him.

Hopefully his life turns around for him.

__________

Please like and comment! ~Ash