Chapter 31

Calypso's POV
I sat slumped in my chair, finally giving up on trying to do my homework.

I looked around me, noting that everyone else didn't even have their homework out.

I quickly stuffed the papers into my backpack and grabbed my earbuds.

I closed my eyes, listening to some classical music, when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I didn't even open my eyes. "Hm?"

"Uh, hola señorita."

I opened one eye. "Oh. Hello Leo."

Leo seemed to take that I didn't ignore him or give him an attitude today a sign to continue.

"Whatcha doin?"

I laid my head back even further and held up my phone to where he could see what I was listening to on my phone.

He gasped. "You're listening to Beethoven?"

I sat up in my chair and blinked. "Yes, I am. Why do you ask?"

He grinned. "Bruh. Beethoven's my jam! He reminds me how much kinda not really better I am than he is at music stuff."

He showed a little machine thingie and as he did something on it, it started sounding like actual music.

By the look on his face, he was equally as surprised as I was on how it actually sounded like music.

I tilted my head. "What's that?"

His grin grew even wider. "I call it the uh, Valdezinator! Yeah, I like that name."

I raised a brow. "Did you build that?"

He puffed his chest out proud. "Yup, with my own 3 hands." He looked down and his hands. "I mean 2."

"So are you a tinkerer?"

His expression faltered slightly. "Uh, yea."

I nodded my head. "Cool."

His face looked slightly hurt until it turned into a mischievous grin.

"Uh oh."

He waved me off. "It's nothing bad. But," he said dragging on the word 'but', "I need you to come with me."

Without another word, he grabbed me hand and pulled me up, nearly making me drop my phone, and started sprinting down the halls.

With me in tow.

-----

Percy's POV
I kept glancing at the entrance, waiting for someone to walk in.

Ever since our weird encounter, Annabeth and I have been avoiding each other.

I knew that it was mostly my fault, for running away after revealing we were soulmates, but now I didn't know what to do.

Do I approach her?

I mean technically she's still my soulmate and stuff.

But that awkwardness is something I don't know if I want to deal with at the moment.

Sooner or later, I was going to have too.

The bell rang and the teacher came to the front of the classroom and started teaching.

I was so confused, and not just at what we were learning.

I wasn't able to find Annabeth or Piper, and I knew they were in my class.

I also wasn't able to find Jason, and I knew he would never ditch class, so I started to wonder.

"Perseus. Please tell me what this excerpt is talking about."

I automatically said, "It's Percy." Before blinking. "Uh, what?"

Everyone snickered.

"Please, Mr.Jackson. Tell me what this excerpt is trying to say."

I squinted, still unable to read it.

"Um, me no speak English."

Everyone tried to contain their laughter, as the teacher glared at me before turning away and completely ignored me.

"Ok. Uh, you, in the back, what is this excerpt trying to tell us?"

There was a person in the back with a hoodie over their head, making it unable to see their face.

I looked closer and I realized it was the hoodie Jason wore today.

When the person pulled the hood down from their face, I expected to see Jason, but instead, I saw blonde princess curls.

The teacher clapped her hands. "Ah, Ms.Chase. Please tell the class what this excerpt is about."

Annabeth skimmed the sentence and cleared her throat. "Um, it is trying to say that soulmates are important and vile to your life." Annabeth uncomfortably tugged on the collar of her dress.

"It's saying without you being with that person and keeping in good terms with them, your life will be utterly miserable."

Annabeth glanced at me and saw that I was almost as uncomfortable as she was.

The teacher grinned evilly. "Yes, very good. Now from the project we did at the beginning of the year, get with your partner and study this excerpt."

Someone raised their hand. "Um, do you mean the partners from the get to know each other project thingie?"

The teacher nodded.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Silena grin, eyes wide.

Will, who was sitting by me, said, "This teacher is literally a demon."

Rachel nodded. "Right? Mrs.Dodds is the worst."