Chapter 42

Calypso's POV
"Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

I smacked Leo's arm and gave him a look. "Tomorrow is a school day. What else would I possibly be doing?"

"Hm. Fair point." He wiggled his eyebrow. "Do you want to skip?"

I blankly stared at him. "Skip what?"

He snorted. "I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. School. You want to skip school?"

I inwardly smiled but kept a straight face. "Why?"

He gave me an awkward laugh while scratching the back of his neck. "Because why not?"

I sat up from my seat and gathered my books. "As much as I would love to, I can't really skip school. And you didn't give much of a convincing argument now did you?"

As I got up to leave, Leo quickly got up to follow me.

"If a convincing argument is what you need, I'm the person for the job! I can be very convincing."

I turned to him and frowned. "I doubt that." I turned the corner of the hallway to find it empty, except for a couple making out by the lockers.

Which happened to be right next to my locker.

"Ahem."

They both looked up like they've been caught, which I guess they did, until they saw who we were.

"Geez Caly you scared me! I thought you were Ms.Dodds or something."

I gave her a soft smile. "Sorry. I don't mean to... intrude but my lockers right there and I need to put these," I slightly lifted the books in my arms up, "away."

Silena stepped aside to make room for me, and I could see in the corner of my eye Leo and Beckendorf talking.

"Why are you with Leo? I thought you hated him."

I stacked the books in my locker before slamming it shut. "I don't hate him. More like get extremely annoyed by every single thing that he does."

She giggled. "You know he kind of has a crush on you."

"You're not the first person to say that." I mumbled under my breath.

I sighed as I leaned back against the lockers. "Don't get me wrong, Leo's not a bad guy. It's just... I never 'get the guy' anyway. So why bother? Plus he's not really my type."

Silena smacked me in the arm and gave me a stern look. "I'm pretty sure you could get almost any guy you wanted. You're beautiful."

I blushed. "Thanks. But I genuinely think I'm cursed or something."

Silena crossed her arms. "I highly doubt that. That's not even a good excuse."

I sighed. "Trust me. It's definitely not an excuse. It's might as well be the actual reason."

She rolled her eyes. "It never hurts to put yourself out there. Give someone a shot..."

I raised a brow. "Give him a shot?"

She shrugged. "Doesn't have to be Leo. Could be anyone."

She nudged me with her shoulder and gave me a goofy smile. "Get back in the game."

I snorted. "I haven't 'been in the game' for what feels like millennia."

"Oh whatever. You get what I'm saying."

I glanced back at Leo, who seemed to feel my eyes on him and looked up, gave me a lopsided smile, before returning to his conversation.

"Yeah. I think I do."