Chapter 7. A Secret

We had off today. I don't exactly know why though I think it had something to do with a water leak. They said it over the intercom before we went home but guess who wasn't there. Totally not me I'm a good Christian young man who has respect for himself. Okay so maybe everything in that sentence was a load of barnacles and I honestly thought I was going to get screamed at when I got home. However, my mother sat me down and told me she was PROUD of me! I'm 99% sure Ryan and I did not do drugs at pizza hut but the way she was taking it made me question if we did or not.

"What do you mean you're proud of me?"

"You act like you have a stick shoved so far up your butt that you forget to live a little. You've never skipped before and you've had perfect attendance for three years now. I don't care that you did it this time but if you do it again I will beat you bloody." She smiled at me.

So, in conclusion, my mom is amazing. Bad news for me though is that all of my friends are out with their people (its better than experiments) and my person hates me. We were doing just fine yesterday and all of a sudden bam. He hates me again.

It's weird though because according to Dallon he was here freshmen year and I really don't remember him at all but then out of the blue I have a memory of him laughing? It just doesn't add up. Now that I think about it I can't remember anything from freshman year. I let out a long sigh and roll over in my bed. Yes, I'm still in my bed at 3 pm who said you had the right to judge me.

The only one who seemed willing to tell me anything was Dallon so maybe if I asked him more in detail he would tell me. Dallon can't keep secrets anyways and he definitely can't keep them from me. The next thing I needed to do was to get ahold of Ryan somehow. Having a fight with my bed sheets I finally managed to get out of bed. I changed into another pair of sweats and grabbed my hoodie from my rolly chair. Then I grabbed my phone from my bed and ran downstairs. Ashley was at her friends and mom and dad both had work so I was home alone again.

Before I could even get to Dallons phone connect he called me.

"I don't know how you do it but you always manage to call me right before I call you," I exclaimed.

"I'm physic, anyways can I come over I need to vent about being a gay Mormon."

"What else is new but yeah I don't care I need to ask you something anyway."

"About my sexuality? Are you coming out to me Brendon?"

"No, just get your bony butt over here."

He just laughed and ended the call.

Finally after what felt like twenty billion years Dallon waltz in my house. "Sup my brother from another mother."

"Don't ever say that to me again."

He sat down beside me, "So before you interrogate me on whatever you're going to interrogate me about I would just like to say that I really hope that there was no rule about not dating your experiment because if that's the case I lost."

I started at him. "Dallon, would you date your patents?"

"Well, it depends if they were cute or not."

"Dallon your gonna get in trouble if you do that in an actual office scene."

"Oh well, I guess."

"So you and Ryan huh?"

"Well, not yet but I'm okay with him being my husband."

"Leave it to you Dallon."

"Anyways, " he shifted in his seat to face me better. "What did you have to ask."

"It's about Ryan Ross, " I started feeling the awkwardness in the sir already. "Did I know him before?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like did I know him before he left. I don't remember anything from freshmen year but I'm ever bits pieces of him. He asked me if I hated him when the only time I've ever talked to him was me trying to get him to talk to me. Nothing is making sense and you're the only one who I know well tell me the truth."

He looked at me with a weird yet satisfied look on his face. "If I tell you-you can't tell anyone that you know or that I told you."

That whole disclaimer made me anxious.

"When Ryan got transferred here Freshmen year you two hit it off immediately. His home life wasn't very good. His dad was a drunk and didn't treat him well; he also didn't allow him to have any friends because if he had friends they would suspect George, his dad, had a problem." He paused for a moment. "Ryan often would spend most of his time here, the only time I would actually see him happy was when he was with you. I don't exactly know what drove him to do it besides the fact that you two were friends. At the end of freshmen year, George had hit you with his car, you were in a coma for four months and suffered from memory loss. We where all told that if we said anything hed find a way to kill you. Ryan was pulled out of school, and we all had to pretend like Ryan was never apart of our lives. Your parents wanted to call the cops but fear got the best of them. Ryan was told that you didn't want to hang out with anymore, that you hated him. We couldn't say anything to him. I knew you'd find out sooner or later so I wasn't going to stop you from hanging out with him. Patrick was pissed at me from not protecting you more. Josh didn't really say anything since you know he keeps his options to himself. Your parents warned me about the consequences but honestly, you guys were so good for each other. I wasn't going to take that away." He stopped and looked at me to let me know he was finished.

I didn't even notice I was crying until I felt him hug me. My brain felt mushy if thought I was confused before it was nothing I was feeling now. I felt stupid because even after all that he told me I still can't remember. I was frustrated and angry that I was lied to but at the same time, I understood why.

Neither I or Dallon had said anything to each other. For the first time in a while, I saw Dallon cry.