Chapter 14: goodbyes and faris wheels

I've been debating Sarah's offer. Now here's the thing before I get yelled at for being "unloyal" to Ryan. I live in a small town so she's eventually going to run into me at some point right? Now how to tell Ryan I'm meeting up with my ex is what I really need to figure out and by the sounds of it, she still likes me. Ryan is really snappy so I feel like he might just take a swing at my face if I even bring it up.

I rub my eyes and roll over on Patrick's bed so I was facing where he was seated on his computer chair. "How long does it take you to stalk someones Instagram?"

His face went red and I could practically see his comebacks working in his head. Though, I guess he decided a "Leave me alone Urie, " would do.

"Oh come on Patrick, just ask him out." I drew out the last word to emphasize my point.

His nose scrunched up. "No, I can't."

"Why can't you?"

"Because I just can't. I like him, but we all know Pete is the definition of a sleaze. I'm going to get hurt and I don't know if I can handle that." He went quiet for a while. "He asked me out." His voice was timed. "I guess it didn't really count as a date because he told me I could bring friends." Then I saw his eyes light up. "Please come with me."

"Oh no, I am not being the third wheel."

"Bring Ryan."

I guess he saw the 'what the frick' face I gave him.

"Listen we're going to a fair no one will be paying attention to you guys. You can ride with me so it doesn't seem suspicious or anything."

I looked skeptical, but as I thought about it more it didn't seem so bad. "Okay, you better be lucky that I love you."

He smiled, "Okay tonight at 8."

I choked a bit but decided not to fuss about it. "Okay hopefully Ryan agrees or you lost your date buddy."

"Okay well, then I might have to make a couple of death threats." He joked.

I laughed and got up from the bed. "I'm going to relax, ill see you at later." I made my way out of his house and took my phone out of my pocket. Once I pushed Ryan's connect he picked up almost right away.

"Hey." He sounded like he just woke up.

"I'm sorry did I wake you?"

He yawned, "Yeah but that's okay."

I frowned, "You barely get any sleep now I feel awful."

"Really it's okay I'd much rather talk to you anyways."

I kicked a rock that was on the ground and smiled. "Well if you're not doing tonight do you want to go out with me, Patrick and Pete?"

"Pete?" I could imagine him making a face.

"Patrick likes him but is too awkward to go by himself beside it might be fun."

"Well if you want to I'm in."

"Okay well did you want us to pick you up anywhere specific?"

"Seven Eleven will work."

"Sounds good, see you then."

--------------

Once we got to the driveway of the fairground I could see Patrick's hand shaking from the backseat. "Hey, it's going to be okay."

He nodded and we all stepped out of the car. "Thanks again." He looked at Ryan, "Both of you."

Ryan smiled and I pulled our hands together.