Chapter 16; where do we go when we die

There are a time and place for everything. Even if it doesn't seem to make sense. I never thought this was how it would end though.

---------

My feet still hurt from chasing Ryan around the fairground yesterday. Patrick's now dating Pete even after he said he wouldn't. So now literally everyone in our group is dating their patent which means this whole bet is off? We honestly haven't spoken about it.

My alarm clock read two pm, not surprised, but I'm sure my mom's concerned. The soft carpet felt familiar and comfortable but eventually transitioned into smooth wood flooring as I made my way to the kitchen.

"Brandon! You're going to sleep your life away if you continue that." My mother babbled.

"Sorry I was out late last night at the fair with Patrick."

"Did you have fun at least?"

I smiled, "Yep."

Her lips met my forehead and her hands reached for her car keys. "I have to get to work. Your sister is in her room. Love you." She waved me off before she left.

My arms moved it a wave of a circle and my vocals tinged to make a stretching sound. "Ashley! The house is clear go hang out with your friends!"

It was quiet for a couple of seconds before I heard the trampling of feet against the stairs.  Her hair was spiked up and her eyes were marked black. She looked like she stepped right out of a hot topic.  "Thanks, B. I hate being grounded."

"Why have you grounded again?"

"I pierced my nose, well technically, Hayley did."

Of course, leave it to Ashley to take an act of rebellious. "Makes sense, it works for you though. Just try to stay out of trouble, okay? I don't need to get a call saying you're in a ditch somewhere."

She snorted, "I'll be fine, I promise."

"You better." I pulled her into a hug before she scurried away to be with her rugged friends.

My coat was hanging on the kitchen door which gave me the idea of hanging out with my friends.
Me: Meet me at the park

Dallon😊🙃: Nuuuuu that means the outside world and I'm a vampire

Jish👽: Dallon I think you'll be okay

Dallon😊🙃: I guess I will since Brendon wants to BUT I say we go someplace out like out of town and bring Ryan, Ryan, Tyler and Pete

Pat💜: Social interaction :( Me: sounds fun, where we going?

Jish😊🙃: let's just go to a park in Jasper that's about 30 minutes away

Me: okay see you guys soon ------------------

The sun reflected off of the metal pole of the swing as I watched the chains rattle every time Ryan made his way back down. It was sorta sticky outside from the humid yet it gave off a cool breeze every now and again that made you reach for your light jacket. Dallon and Ryan were sitting in the swinging slot next to us and Patrick and Pete were sitting on a bench that was across the swing area but close enough for us to hear each other.