Chapter Ten

Chelia felt her eyes drifting shut. She was unable to stop herself from falling asleep as she sat waiting for Wendy to be done getting ready for bed. Chelia herself was ready, but she wanted to be nice and wait for her friend... her crush? She wasn't really sure how to deal with this stuff right now. Wendy came out of the bathroom and found Chelia sprawled out gracelessly on the bed. She giggled quietly before walking over and grabbing the girl. She wasn't sure how she did it, but she somehow carried Chelia over to the other side of the bed and set her down before pulling the covers up over her, tucking her in. She crawled into bed and saw Chelia shift in her sleep, moving closer to Wendy. The pink-haired girl set her head on Wendy's shoulder and Wendy found herself lulled to sleep as Carla jumped up and laid down beside her as well. This was exactly how she wanted to fall asleep. Her best friends by her side. She fell asleep with a smile on her face.

<><><>

Mirajane tried to explain what Mating Season was. "There's steps as well. These steps will be different depending on your role." She said. "What's a role?" Cana asked. "For every relationship there will be an alpha and an omega. The alpha is more of the protector and provider while the omega is more of the helper and docile... kind of like the traditional mother and father dynamic." Cana nodded. "And what's the difference between our steps?" She asked. "The alpha is more likely to become uncontrollably possessive and protective of their Mate while the omega is more likely to become uncontrollably affection and nurturing of their Mate." Cana nodded again, already expecting which role she would fit into. Alpha, of course. But, of course, your expectations of yourself might not be how you are.

<><><>

Chelia awoke to find her head on something warm. In fact, she felt all warm on her left-hand side. She curled up closer to the heat and heard a familiar sound. She peeked her eyes open and found herself looking right at Wendy. She was, in fact, curled up right beside her. Chelia felt her face blush and tried to pull away, but there was a... something that was gripping her waist. She looked to the side and found her Wendy's arm was in fact holding onto her. Wendy shifted as Chelia tried to move away, making a sound. Chelia froze, not wanting to make Wendy wake up. She's so cute! Chelia thought with a grin. And I'm going to make her my girlfriend. She thought with a small smirk. Wendy mumbles something in her sleep. "Hehe. Carla... sorry... Chelia..." Chelia blushed as she heard Wendy say her name in her sleep. She had said Carla's too... but that didn't take away from Chelia's joy. Maybe this will be easier than I thought it would be. She thought, moving a bit closer to Wendy before realizing what she was doing. Odd. It was as if she hadn't even meant to do that. She'd just done it. Chelia suddenly saw a small head pop up from the opposite side of Wendy and look at her. Chelia blushed deeply under Carla's scrutinizing look. Carla stood up and jumped from the bed. Wendy moved a bit, but she didn't wake up. Chelia supposed she should move now that Carla was watching her... even if Wendy was so warm. She went to move, but now that Carla wasn't on Wendy's other side, Wendy was able to move closer to Chelia. She blushed slightly and glanced at Carla who just shook her head with a bemused look. "She's a bit of a snuggler. You might be stuck there until she wakes up. Would you like for me to wake her up?" Carla whispered beside Chelia's side of the bed. Chelia stopped herself from avidly rejecting the idea. "It's alright. I'm tired anyways. I'll probably fall asleep again soon." She said with a small smile towards Wendy. Chelia closed her eyes soon after her words and fell asleep with Wendy's arm looped around her waist.

<><><>

Lucy glanced at Erza before letting out a breath of relief. She was still asleep on Lucy's couch. She had been kind and considerate... unlike Natsu who always took Lucy's bed. She snuck back into her room, surprised that she was the first awake. Usually Erza was. In fact... Lucy wasn't certain if she had ever seen Erza sleeping before. She looked over her shoulder and saw the adorable look on her face. She was in her pajamas instead of her armor and was curled up in a little protective ball. Lucy had expected the girl to be one of those people that took up all of the bed... but she was used to being surprised by Erza. Lucy watched for a moment as Erza's hand twitched a bit. She's never looked so at peace before. She thought. "Princess?" Lucy turned around and, thinking of Erza, barely stopped herself from crying out. "Virgo!" She hissed. "You wished to summon me? I grew tired of waiting for you as you watched Erza Scarlet sleep." Lucy blushed deeply. "I-it's not like that... she just looked... cute." Virgo smirked just slightly and Lucy sighed, closing her bedroom door. "What did you wish to speak to me about, Princess?" Virgo asked. "I need to know more about this Mating Season." She said. Virgo suddenly looked a bit apprehensive. "You should discuss this with a Dragon Slayer or Take-Over Mage. Their Mating Seasons are almost identical to you own." She said. With that, Virgo disappeared into the Celestial Spirit world with a 'poof' and a cloud of air. Lucy muttered a few choice words under her breath before sneaking through the living room to the kitchen. I should make Erza breakfast... She thought before smiling. She was sure that Erza would love some waffles. She always loved those.