Chapter Twenty-Eight

Wendy didn't let go of Chelia as they walked out to the others. She wasn't certain if she'd ever let go of her girlfriend again. Not after what happened. Wendy had been about to unleash another roar to destroy the whole godforsaken cave, but Chelia had pulled her back to reality with a tight hug. Wendy realized that might be a tad bit extreme... especially if they were all still in there... including everyone's Mates... Chelia would probably joke about it later, much later of course. Wendy smiled at the thought. Her arm tightened around Chelia's waist and she breathed in contently. Now that she had her back, Wendy wasn't certain how she had functioned without her for the past days. She couldn't fathom it. "I love you, Chelly." She whispered in her ear. Chelia burrowed up closer to her girlfriend. It had been pretty awesome how she saved her. "I love you too, WenWen." She whispered back. "Alright." Wendy's voice was different than it had been the past two days. She wasn't perpetually worrying or angry. "Who's next?" She still sounded threatening, and had Smith heard that he would have likely fainted, but now she seemed a tad bit more levelheaded... alright, she was about two hundred times more levelheaded with Chelia by her side. "We go after Gray next!" Natsu cried loudly. Chelia blinked and looked around. "Umm... see... here's the thing. S-the guy who kidnapped us said that he was going to release us to be saved once a day." She said, almost slipping and calling 'the guy who kidnapped' them by name. Wendy gave her a worried look and Chelia gave her a comforting one. Wendy's eyes suddenly turned dark. "Did he hurt you?" Her eyes quickly scanned her. "No, no! I'm fine, WenWen." She said. The blue-haired girl's eyes lost that fire and she let out a sigh of relief. "So we have to wait until tomorrow to save someone?!" Natsu cried incredulously. Everyone looked at Chelia and she nodded, giving them apologetic look. "We better make camp then," Mirajane's voice didn't sound too different from usual... but you could hear the edge in it.

•••

Wendy sat down and gently placed Carla onto the ground. Chelia sat down beside her and was about to set her head on Wendy's shoulder, but the Sky Dragon Slayer suddenly slumped against her. Wendy was clearly exhausted. Chelia was shocked, but she wrapped an arm around Wendy's shoulders as the girl started to sniffle. "Are you alright, Wendy?" Chelia asked worriedly. Wendy's arms wrapped themselves around Chelia's waist. "I missed you, Chelly! I was so worried!" Wendy cried against her for a long while. The rest of the Fairy Tail members looked at Wendy and soon all of them were looking anywhere but at them. Lucy made a sniffling sound and suddenly Mirajane was crying. It wasn't too shocking considering the situation... and the fact that Wendy had seen Mirajane cry at least ten times. Chelia pulled Wendy closer. She burrowed her head in Wendy's hair, inhaling the scent of her Mate. "It's alright, WenWen. I'm right here. Don't worry." Wendy slowly stopped crying and she smiled down at her. "I missed you too." She whispered. She looked up and saw Lucy holding onto a crying Mirajane and trying not to break down herself. All the others looked equally upset. Chelia wished she could tell them what was happening... but it was a part of the Mating Season experience... she sighed and started stroking Wendy's hair. She always loved touching her girlfriend's hair. It was so soft and fluffy. Chelia had to stop herself from giggling. The others would feel better soon enough.

<><><>

Cana tried not to sulk... but she failed. She was supposed to be the last one to get rescued. She reached a hand and touched her mark on her neck. She smiled as she traced it with her fingers. Of course this was why she had to stay. She wished Mirajane hadn't marked her yet... well... that was a lie. She loved having Mirajane's bite on her neck. She tried to remember who was supposed to be picked next. She tried to remember, but she found she couldn't. "Who's going next again?" She asked. "Well-"

<><><>

Wendy pulled out her sleeping bag she had bought the day before when they had passed through a town. She glanced at Chelia and couldn't help but find a smile on her face. She just couldn't stop after having found her Mate. "WenWen, do you mind if we share a sleeping bag?" Chelia asked. She turned to look at her girlfriend and found her looking at her neck. Wendy instantly blushed and turned away as quickly as possible. Chelia felt her face redden as well. She walked up to Wendy. "Well... if you think it's time..." Wendy's face reddened again. "C-Ch-Chelia... I mean..." Chelia giggled at Wendy's stuttering and blushing. "It's gotta happen at some point, WenWen." She said with a grin. Wendy's face darkened at the words. "It's alright. I think it'll be kind of cool. Mirajane's able to track Cana because of their bond." She said with a small smile. Wendy looked at her for a moment before looking away from her again. Chelia grabbed onto Wendy's hands. "I trust you, Wendy. Don't worry about how I feel." She said with a small smile. Wendy, still blushing, nodded. "I don't know if I'm ready..." Chelia gave her another comforting smile. "Whenever you're ready, WenWen, I'm right here." The blue-haired girl nodded. Carla shifted in her sleep and Wendy's blush deepened to where she looked like she had a giant lobster on her face. Chelia giggled before leading her to the sleeping bag. The two crawled in and Chelia whispered in her ear. "Good night, WenWen." The pink-haired girl whispered before falling asleep. Wendy held her closer, having trouble falling asleep as she looked around, trying to make sure that nobody came close to her beloved Mate.