Chapter Thirty

A/N: Btw, that picture has to be my favorite ErLu picture. It's so them. Oh! Almost forgot! I wanted to give a GIANT thanks to everyone who has been loyally reading this series! Somehow it's gotten first place for Lucy Heartfelia! How that happened I honestly don't know, but YAY! Anyways, on with the Mating Season!

 Oh! Almost forgot! I wanted to give a GIANT thanks to everyone who has been loyally reading this series! Somehow it's gotten first place for Lucy Heartfelia! How that happened I honestly don't know, but YAY! Anyways, on with the Mating Season!

Lucy watched as Wendy finally got her wish and left with Chelia in tow. Lucy's face reddened as Erza looked over at her. "Lucy, was there something you wished to ask me?" She sounded so innocent and confused. Lucy knee better, but she needed to speak anyways. "I was wondering how you felt on the whole marking thing." Lucy tried to sound casual, but she was almost completely certain that she hadn't achieved her goal. Erza pretended to think, as if she hadn't been pondering the subject for the past few minutes. "Well... I suppose there's no real opinion to have. You'll do it at some point because I want to be your Mate." She said. Lucy gave her a long look. Now why does she always get to know exactly what to say?! She thought with a sigh. She tried to keep thinking bitterly to herself, but she found herself far too distracted as Erza leaned towards her as if for a kiss. Lucy blushed as the slightly older girl put her head on Lucy's shoulder, her neck slightly exposed. The blonde's face was entirely too red. "Erza... are you sure it's alright?" She asked. The redhead moved closer to the blonde. "Of course." She whispered. Lucy leaned forward and, fearing the situation, bit Erza gently. The electric current shot through both of them and they both found themselves smiling at the other. Lucy fell into Erza's arms, smiling as she felt an almost presence in the back of her head. It was Erza. She could sense where she was, feel her almost there. The blonde looked at Erza's mark. It was a small red key that matched the color of Erza's hair. Carla looked into the chamber and stared at them, eyes wide, before she hurried out of there. The white-furred Exceed was in shock. They had actually... Carla didn't know what to think about all of that. She wasn't sure how to feel considering she had this horrible, terrible, terrifying suspicion that Wendy had... finished the Mating Season. Wendy, Child, what am I going to do about you... She sighed at the thought before making her way back to where she assumed Chelia and Wendy were at the moment. She caught sight of the pair and made her way inside. She caught sight of-she froze as she saw a mark on Chelia's neck. She forced herself to keep walking. "Wendy. Chelia." She greeted. Wendy's head whipped around and looked at her with wide eyes. "C-Carla?" Her voice wavered and her hand hit Chelia's neck hard enough to make a loud smacking sound. The Exceed gave her a long look. "I saw." Chelia let out a long breath and Wendy hissed air in. "I'm happy for you two." She said. Wendy's eyes turned wide and disbelieving. Chelia grinned and grabbed onto Wendy's hand. "Hey! Now you don't have to be worried, WenWen!" She said happily. Wendy still didn't seem to believe it and Carla gave her a thin lipped smile, trying to make her believe it. Wendy finally snapped out of her disbelieving state. Wendy nodded at Carla. "T-thanks." She stuttered out. Carla gave her a nod before she made her way out of the small room in the cave.

<><><>

Natsu didn't know how he was supposed to sleep that night. His Gray was still kidnapped. What was he going to do? Was Gray hurt? Was he going to be the one the one rescued tomorrow? He wasn't certain. It seemed like he wasn't certain of anything recently. Ever since he'd lost Gray everything had been a bit of a blur, like he didn't know what to do with himself. But he thought he'd handled it better than some of the others. Wendy has been a walking time bomb, ready to blow up at anyone who looked at her the wrong way. Laxus had been shooting his lightning at inanimate objects practically the whole time they were here. Gajeel had been sulking, refusing to speak to anyone this whole time. Mirajane was doing alright, he supposed, but Natsu assumed she was going to explode when she got the chance. Lucy had been... well, she'd cried at least five times in the few days that Erza had been gone. Natsu thought he was alright. He was dealing exactly how he dealt with everything. By being as angry as possible. Natsu's leg bounced up and down as he waited for the time to pass so that they could find who they were going to be able to rescue today.